Thread: leopard 3674 motor bearing change out problem

Default leopard 3674 motor bearing change out problem

I have leopard 3674 1650kv motor I sunk, had to change out the bearings, lost one of the spacers, now I have slop on motor shaft. can anyone tell me the spacer size that should go on each side of motor armature?? there is one thick one on one side and 2 thin ones on the other, but still Im getting slop?

Not sure whether you mean you have lost a spacer & have lots of slop on the motor shaft or if theirs a small amount of play you have. The Leopard motors do come with end play on them around 0.2mm or .008".

hi, when I took out armature from can I lost a spacer, a buddy gave me the same one, now motor sounds loud compared to my other new one? do you know what size spacers goe where on this motor? theres 2 thin ones and a 3mm thick one.

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    hi, when I took out armature from can I lost a spacer, a buddy gave me the same one, now motor sounds loud compared to my other new one? do you know what size spacers goe where on this motor? theres 2 thin ones and a 3mm thick one.
    Depending on rotor location, relative to the armature in the motor, your best option might be to measure one side or both ends of the rotor while it sits in the motor. Typically a motor, like a Castle, has the longer spacer at the rear. But since all motors are a bit different in construction a measurement would tell you what you need to know. As far as the new bearing motor being louder it might be due to how you pressed in the bearings. Pressure or force to install the bearings should only be applied to the outer race. Never apply force to the inner race since side loading can and will damage the new bearing. And that might have happened in your case.

John
    Change is the one Constant

how would I get the bearings in without wrecking inner walls, dont have the right tools.

I have used sockets that will apply pressure to the outside race in the past.

Default motor

Quote Originally Posted by JrValente View Post
    I have used sockets that will apply pressure to the outside race in the past.
    did you use a drill press to apply pressure to bearings?

Nope just a socket and a dead blow with a touch of oil on outside of bearing to ease into place.