Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: running 6s question.

Update for anyone who cares... the new PB1500/ Miss Geico motor and X442 showed up yesterday.

Diesel was absolutly accurate when suggesting this combo for the BJ29 on 6s. That little PB1500 is a beast of a motor, and is what Pro Boat should have equipped the BJ 29 with for running 6s. Motor temps are down, the wires aren't getting nearly as warm, and the esc barely gets over 85 degrees. Throttle response is soooooo much smoother. Overall, the motor swap and prop upgrade have completely changed the BJ29 into something even better.

I think keeping the RPMs under 35K is a wise choice...
    If your ESC eventually dies, replace it with a seaking 180A and you'll have a bulletproof setup. What will kill your 80A ESC on 6S is a hop out of the water when the prop unloads and then reloads on entry and your peak amps go thru the roof. A higher rated ESC can absorb that much better.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
    I think keeping the RPMs under 35K is a wise choice...
    If your ESC eventually dies, replace it with a seaking 180A and you'll have a bulletproof setup. What will kill your 80A ESC on 6S is a hop out of the water when the prop unloads and then reloads on entry and your peak amps go thru the roof. A higher rated ESC can absorb that much better.
    Chief
    I already planned on replacing the factory 80a esc with an SK 180 when the original let's go.

My Sprint Cat has a SK 180 v2 in in already. I will likely swap that to the BJ29 and will get an updated SK 180 v3 for the Sprint Cat. The larger esc would give me plenty of head room if I upgrade the PB1500 motor to a Leo 3674 in the future.

I should clarify that if you keep the prop size down, then you should be fine... I think x442 is a good choice. If you move to x642 or m445 on 6S then you might be pushing it.

Chief

Quote Originally Posted by champion221elite View Post
    I already planned on replacing the factory 80a esc with an SK 180 when the original let's go.

My Sprint Cat has a SK 180 v2 in in already. I will likely swap that to the BJ29 and will get an updated SK 180 v3 for the Sprint Cat. The larger esc would give me plenty of head room if I upgrade the PB1500 motor to a Leo 3674 in the future.
    sorry to ruin your day but there is no "version 3" of the sk 180a..... there was the origonal and the v2 with a better cap bank, some companies sell the sk180a with added cap banks but thats just an option not a new model

It may just come down to semantics, but OSE is referring to the SK 180 with added cap bank as a version 3.

See linky...

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...er-seaking-180
    Last edited by champion221elite; 07-30-2013 at 12:30 PM.

I run my bj29 on 6 cell all the time and run about 6-7 mins. With EC5 and 6.5 bullets. Besides that Everything stock. But i do have the new upgraded motor with 12g wires. But i also dont hold it wide open the whole time either. And never had an issue. :)

Kintec says :" there is no such thing as V3"---although you won't see it any more on Kintec's site, it is updated---- this ESC is DISCONTINUED!
    Anyway, Both OSE and Kintec has a point: There was the original one, then Seaking put V2 on the label. When the "Factory" Cap bank came out Seaking did not make a new label as V3, but obviously one could consider it as yet another newer version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12