Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Miss Geico dialed in- strut modification

Has anyone ever done the strut mod and put the steep angle on the OSE shaft? I ask because I did it to my stock blackjack flex shaft and the shaft sheared after 1 lap or 10 seconds on the water. I got an upgraded OSE shaft but I'm afraid to put that steep of an angle on it as I don't want to go swimming again.lol

There isn't any stressing angle on the shaft unless the mod was done incorrectly. The stuffing tube MUST be bent/adjusted as I described, or you will have a sudden angle where the tube meets the strut, which could cause breakage as you encountered. Check out the photos on page 2 to get a better look.

How did you bend the stuffing tube without kinking it? Did you just keep the flex shaft in it while you bent it?

I gently bend with my hand. You can use a drill bit that just fits in the tube to help protect from kinking as well.

Chief

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

You won't need to force it enough to kink it. Just concentrate the bending force near the base of the tube where it exits the hull, then slightly straighten the tube where it approaches the strut-- this is especially important to keep the tube lined up with the strut's downward thrust angle.

NO more WA WA WA Miss Geico (1).jpgMiss Geico (2).jpgMiss Geico (3).jpg
    strtu closer to the transom / sponsor is more stable catamaransdsds.jpg
    Last edited by mannytx1; 01-29-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234