Thread: hub inbalance

Default hub inbalance

I have a grimracer 42x55

when i started balancing it was obvious that one blade was heavier then the other,but now it always stops horizontaly when i spin the prop
    it's always the same side thats underneat

so the hub is heavier on one side?
    and if so ,what to do ?

there's also a lot of movement possible when i put this prop on the axle (nut not tightend) or the balancing shaft
    the stock prop ( impulse 31) fits without any possible movement like you would expect

Quote Originally Posted by iop65 View Post
    when i spin the prop
    it's always the same side thats underneat

so the hub is heavier on one side?
    and if so ,what to do ?
    You need to remove material from the leading edge of the blade that is hanging below the axis, and the trailing edge of the blade that is hanging below the axis.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

thanks going to try that

but is it normal that it fits so slopy on the axle/dog-drive? and the balancer shaft?

like i said , the stock one and the cnc-prop i bought ;they fit without any possible movement!

i'm rather new in metal props ( always used graupner carbon props)

I've not used a Grimracer or ABC prop yet, only Octura, Prather, Propshop and Tenshock, but all mine have been a good fit on the stub shaft.

I put some calipers on my stub shaft and if that is the right size still I would send the prop back, no point in putting effort into balancing it when it will want to throw itself into the most out of balanced position it can when it is lose on the stub.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

i stopped working on it;it will never fit properly

a case of bad luck i think,it was just a bad casting ( had to fill an air bubble in the hub to)

will cost me more to send it back then its worth ( live in europe)

I think Grimracer are pretty good for customer service if you send them a photo of the issue and tell them how much it is to send it back they may replace it without you sending the duff one in.

look into the postal cost I sent a prop from here in England to Butahn in a tiny box I made to suit, and it cost less than £3

I think Grimracer are pretty good for customer service if you send them a photo of the issue and tell them how much it is to send it back they may replace it without you sending the duff one in.

look into the postal cost I sent a prop from here in England to Butahn in a tiny box I made to suit, and it cost less than £3