Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Miss Geico 17 "brushed to INSANE 50MPH BRUSHLESS BOAT"

you can get the Barbwire at Tower for $130 shipped after coupon code. they are a blast.

Haha... I think I'm getting that barbwire for my son. I buy most my equipment from Cris at Fine Design and he has one in stock for him and he highly recommends I go this route.

What happened to your MG hull? A few weeks back I cracked the seem in 29MG when I had a blow over after putting a 180 esc and a 4.8 hp motor from Fine Design Marine. So I reinforced the hull. I just need to paint it now. And sand off some of my repairs from the inside. We put too much stuff on the inside and weighed the boat down too much. She still is fast but it shaved a good amount of speed off her. Good thing is, now she is strong and so heavy I haven't had a blow over since I fixed her

Thanks for the discount tip jetskier. I will get it from cris tho. I asked him to hold 1 for my boy. He gives me excellent service and hooks me up so I won't sell him out to save 20 bucks. I do appreciate the info

That's funny

It's just an ugly abused hull... Seem split up front, like 8 inches, stress cracks everywhere, transom is all weirdly shaped, a prop mark going across the back of it lol

Oh damn!!!!! That things banged up. Maybe it is good for jumping waterfalls. Haha.

My seem split a few inches. So I repaired it and reinforced the seems. Now she just needs some paint after I grind down some of the extra resin. Since she's my first fast boat I'm going to improve my driving skills some then ill get a new good hull.

lol I just mixed some 5 minute epoxy and slapped it on and called it good

That's funny

This thread need some pics!

Inventory

Ohh SHOOT!!! I thought my MG was banged up. Yours cat looks like she's from tha war. But you have a whole fleet of mini's and a nice hydro. How does she run? How is her stability and what kind of speeds does she do?

Soon I'm gunna my MG back to stock and get a boat that's made to handle high speed to put my motor and esc into. I'm not sure if I should get a real cat or a hydro that can handle my motor?

Lol right? Actually, my buddy's dad gave that UL-1 hull to mean monday.. I put all the stock electrics from MG into it. I just got the flex shaft in it today so she's 100% done. I've never driven a hydro before so I'm actually kinda nervous to take it out. I rigged the hell outta it so I hope she works lol

On a side note, the 17" mg stock was about as fun to drive as going to school. Literally did two laps around the pool and pulled it out! LAME!

I've got the mini mono setup in it right now but haven't tested her yet.

Cool. Let me know how hydro runs after you test her please. I'm think she'll go faster than miss geico and might even handle better in smooth water. But I'm qurious how she will ride all around.

If your into small boats check out that barbwire. The guy I get my equipment from can't say enough good things about it.

Will do, here's the new set up

Gabe I have to see pictures of your ng17 Run we have the exact same setup motor wize and you put the battery in the same spot I did mine I have not done the flex shaft install yet but I would really like to know what shaft in all you bought and what it cost and where to get it so that I can do it with mine. Please send me a video or post a video of this is running so I can see how she did

I basically used everything from the mini mono... I just have to figure out what strut/rudder assembly I want to buy. It should be just as fast as the mini mono, except it wouldn't turn anywhere as good as it

yeah I can see that. But the shaft you used andall is from the mini mono also. have you had a chance to run it yet I would really like to see the video with the stock brother incest or are you waiting till you get the other parts. You have to get a video posted that's going to be great to see

where you cut the old shaft of did you have to glue the bottom with resin or anything so that way water wouldn't leak into it or is it already sealed off

it looks like you tore the other in G up that's funny but she still looks runnable slap a little epoxy in her and she should be good to go

Yeah everything got epoxied.. Still have to do another layer then sand smooth.

that's what I thought. I cannot wait to see a video on this

Drove the thing for about 30ft and it spit the wire drive out...

Put the UL-1 in and did a couple laps and spit the flex shaft out as well... Lol awesome!

that's crazy. I hope you got some video I would like to see that. Didn't seem like it was going fast or not? Well I don't know if I told you're not around my last night and I ended up blowing the esc again. I'm going to a 50 amp as for some reason this is the second one I have blown. I'm running the same setup as the mini mono.let me know if you come up with a good combination for split shot that works. Well also some funny news I opened up the leopard box for that motor I was telling you about and the motor is so small its funny so I think I'm just going to put it back online for sale and go ahead and pick up the one that mean Gaber talking about. Either that or picking up something like a traxxas combo setup

Zack.

Are you talking about putting the set up from your spartan in 17MG?

No way that would be funny though. But wasn't too out something that can a little bigger motor in brushless. With a larger esc like a 50 or 100

What motor is it? Just because these motors are small doesn't mean that they wont be fast! A smaller can size motor will actually perform better as you would get that crazy torque roll and it will handle better while still going very fast...

This is the motor i bought is aLEOPARD 2030 12T KV7780 here is the specs. Max. Current: 18A
    Lipo Cell: 2S
    Max. Power: 130W
    Rotational Speed: 7780KV
    Mounting Hole Depth: 2.5mm
    Shaft Diameter: 2.3mm
    Shaft Length: 10mm
    Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 20mm x 30mm
    Weight: 50g
    Suitable Model: RC Model Car / Boat
    *!**let me know what you think? Gabe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123