Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miss Geico 17 "brushed to INSANE 50MPH BRUSHLESS BOAT"

I'll do all that tomorrow for all to see. I want to get it on the pond for a straight away ruin to check the top speed. If that other guy got his to 48mph I saw it run mine looks alot faster. My boys are going to flip when they see this thing. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zackthrills View Post
    I live in Tampa Florida Hillsborough County Town and Country area and I usually take it out to a little lake by my house or its more like a pond.contact me at zacktg rills@yahoo.com and maybe we can meet up one day
    I'll drop you a note and maybe we can get together to do some boating sometime. I just finished a 42" DaVatte Aspect Shallow V boat in an FE version. Here is a video of my latest boat if you want to take a look at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsKWf0NYOZA

Wow that is bad ass. Ya for sure that would be great. We will get together sometimes I don't have nothing that fast yet though lol.

Wow that is bad ass. Ya for sure that would be great. We will get together sometimes I don't have nothing that fast yet though lol.
    If you stay with the hobby you will soon. Here is a link to the build:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...c.-help-needed

I'll do all that tomorrow for all to see. I want to get it on the pond for a straight away ruin to check the top speed. If that other guy got his to 48mph I saw it run mine looks alot faster. My boys are going to flip when they see this thing. Lol
    post link to said video? I dont want to sound like a debbie downer, but I think you have poor judgment of these boats.... If your set up is the stock outrunner motor from a minimono, I can tell you right now its nowhere near 50. I have one I know how fast it goes. the mini mono does maybe 25-30(MAYBE) on a 3s. that boat is smaller/lighter and will go faster than the 17" cat. If you want to get near 30+ with the mini Geico, youre going to need a 2445 motor with a 50-70 amp esc, the right prop, and you will have to change it to a flex shaft with strut.

these smaller boats zip around and turn crazy good, so it may seem like its hauling a$$, when its really not. the vid you posted(cant really see) but youd be able to tell by sound if it were going over 30... and its not.

yeah I know I'm not sure how fast it really went but you're correct I know the many miles do you run about 30 miles an hour. I plan to put it on a straight away this weekend and use my GPS to see how fast it goes. I have a leopard motor that I just got that I will be sticking it today it is LEOPARD 2030 12T KV7780.think of this motor and I have an 80 amp esc I plan on sticking it today also. I will have a video of the day time running on the pond as soon as I can do it within the next day or two.how could you put a flex shaft in it? And drive strut as it is made as part of the hull.any suggestions would be great.

also what kind of KV motor should I put in it from what my understandings it should be a lower kV rating am I correct?

30000/ voltage = approximate kv

Ex 30000/14.8 = 2027kv
    30000/11.1 = 2702kv

Just examples aim for a kv in that range + - a few hundred

okay this is per your post of what motor I should get this is what I found what do you think of it is it a good motor and with this work?http://www.nitrorcx.com/96m268-2445-2900kv-17t.html

okay so let me know then if that motor I post the link to would work if so I'm going to go ahead and order it or do you think I should just stay with the leopard motor

Youd have to modify it... as in cut the entire thing off flush with the bottom of the hull and replace it with a flex shaft/strut. its the same thing they run on the MG29. it allows you to angle the prop so it isnt pointing at the bottom of the lake lol

that motor would work, youd need a nice esc to power it though... just an fyi, as soon as you have it set up with that motor though, anything past half throttle is going to be very difficult to keep it right side up and in the water

yeah that is true I think that's probably getting a little bit more into it than I need I went ahead and put a horizontal triangle on the rear rotor Anne is kept the boat gliding through the water really nice which was an idea that I got from another person on the form. Show for last night it seems to fly to the water really well and I had tons of trigger left and it wanted to just go but I had no room obviously I wanted to test it in a large pool first before I got it in a lake or pond whatever you wanna call it. But I might look into doing not that way and Cutten off the shaft might be something fun to do

I don't know if you saw the post that I did with the video on what my boat look like. But what I did was I removed the little foam like donut thing they had up front in the bow and I placed the battery dead center of the front of the bow and injected foam all up front.then put the esc in the middle of the boat the stock battery wentand mounted the receiver where the old receiver used to be.in: stalled larger water cooling lines for the esc.and I had to drill out the coupler that goes from the motor to the drive shaft.I also mounted 1 ounce weight on the left in rear side of the back of the boat and another one ounce weight on the middle left side next to the batteries old location to keep it from wanting to torque over.I think I need to add at least one more pounds to the left rear as last night when I would punch the gas it would get up on plane and then as I would get ready to pull the trigger all the way it would start to take off and it would literally flip itself completely over and land perfectly normal as if it were to be driving so I think I need to add just a little bit more weight. My only concern is what it is going to do on a long straight away I'm wondering if it might blow over.

yeah these things take a lot of work/money to get them how you want it... my 17" MG should be at my door today then I get home:) ill probably test it once stock and then switch everything over from my minimono... i also just finished building a UL-1 that i need to go test. It should do 35-40 on 4s

yeah that would be really cool to see once you get it done who is you need any help which I'm pretty sure you have it on your own but I can show you what I did to make mine keep in the water at a decent speed. If you look on this thread you will see a guy named roytorn not sure in spelling he posted a link to a video of a guy that made and ng17 and I have talked to him his name is Bob and he didn't have to add much weight or anything and got it to go really well I only did all the phone an extra stuff because I want to make it faster and see if I can get it up to 50 miles an hour. He said that he recorded his doing anywhere between 37 miles per hour to the max of 48 miles per hour. You can take a look at his video and see the boat let me know what you think. Do you live in this Florida area ore campus that maybe you and I can get together sometime?my problem was is I thought the little mg17 was brushless and at the time I really didn't know much about it and I saw it for $100 and went ahead and ordered it much to my surprise it was really slow on a brushed motor and try to do what I could to make it faster the only thing I can reference it to that I know of is it look like an RC car on a round oval track in a class called 6 cell modified not 1:10 scale but the one size below it the real small cars I want to say it 1:12 scale is that correct? but it looks really damn fast it was literally throwing water out the side of the pool and when I'm telling you it had more trigger to pull I didn't even have this thing halfway down so I don't really know how the boat is going to react too much more speed than that which I know it can do I'm running on a 3s battery pack 2200mah with a 45c rating:.

yeah that would be really cool to see once you get it done who is you need any help which I'm pretty sure you have it on your own but I can show you what I did to make mine keep in the water at a decent speed. If you look on this thread you will see a guy named roytorn not sure in spelling he posted a link to a video of a guy that made and ng17 and I have talked to him his name is Bob and he didn't have to add much weight or anything and got it to go really well I only did all the phone an extra stuff because I want to make it faster and see if I can get it up to 50 miles an hour. He said that he recorded his doing anywhere between 37 miles per hour to the max of 48 miles per hour. You can take a look at his video and see the boat let me know what you think. Do you live in this Florida area ore campus that maybe you and I can get together sometime?my problem was is I thought the little mg17 was brushless and at the time I really didn't know much about it and I saw it for $100 and went ahead and ordered it much to my surprise it was really slow on a brushed motor and try to do what I could to make it faster the only thing I can reference it to that I know of is it look like an RC car on a round oval track in a class called 6 cell modified not 1:10 scale but the one size below it the real small cars I want to say it 1:12 scale is that correct? but it looks really damn fast it was literally throwing water out the side of the pool and when I'm telling you it had more trigger to pull I didn't even have this thing halfway down so I don't really know how the boat is going to react too much more speed than that which I know it can do I'm running on a 3s battery pack 2200mah with a 45c rating:.
    I would like to see pics of the bottom of the modified MG 17 hull to understand what that guy did to make it run so well and fast.

yeah I'll take your picture of mine is the exact same thing that he did to his because the picture that he has if you look on his videos he has a video of it but it's really hard to tell because it is clear plastic mine is a white plastic but I'll tell you this my b*** was running as fast if not faster than that boat last night

pm me your email so that way I can send you the pictures for some reason I don't know how to post pictures on here from my phone

http://youtu.be/NqQvJz-oN2g

this is the guy... as soon as he punches it it starts to hop... thats where the strust/flexshaft will out perform.. thats probably right around the 35mph area though. idk if it will ever hit 50 lol

Zack,

My email is r.palacios@hotmail.com. I would like to see the pics/vids as well if to don't mind.

I'm still trying to tune my 29MG to stay in the water between 60-70 so I'm interested. Also I'm looking for small quick boat for my son. But I think I will get the barbwire for him. That little boat seems to be quick and best of all it self rites itself so that's the biggest plus. I've gone swimming way too much in freezing water for my MG. he even flipped it once while it was stock. He gunned the throttle heading into a strong wind and it blew over.

I would go with the mini mono for your son move boat needs nothing

http://youtu.be/8eQCvnzrfhA

this is why i cant have nice things.. haha this was on 4s prob right around 40

Omg what did you hit was that rocks out a jump. Lol that sucks. How bad was the boat hurt

Gabe,

Haha!!! You are a mad man!

That was funny lol

Zack,

I will look into the mini mono. But I do like the barbwire. It's a good small boat and everything comes with it for under 150. If I pick that one, the only thing I will prolly do is put a metal prop. I grew up in miami but now I live in Massachusetts so needless to say the water is freezing to me. Last month it was literary frozen in some parts, so I think it's awesome that the barbwire is indestructible (maybe not for Gabe) but its sturdy, quick, and self rites its self. My son is still 4 so if he is in the 20-30mph range it's plenty fast

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JsLb9...%3DJsLb98YQXug

Zack,

I checked out some mini mono vids. It looks neat being so small but check out the link to the above boat. I think the atomik boat is much better built and faster. I might be wrong. I'm still kinda a newbie here so I still have lots learn but that's what it looks like to me. Most important is that my son is 4 so I need something he can beat on and that I don't have to go swimming for it

Lol the hull was pretty messed up before that so I really didn't care about it anymore... That was like a 3-4ft waterfall type deal... I had been jumping down it all day(and landing it) I even went up it if you can believe that!! It was pretty awesome... So I figured it try and see how far I could get it to go! Ill post some pics of it when I get home tonight... The mini mono is a legit boat but I'd be sold on the barbwire if it self rights... That's perfect for your son, it will be flipped a lot I can imagine haha

yes that is true that's why I kind of wanted to make this message I go into one a brushless motor one because I assume that it would be a little bit more stable it's funny because I can literally punch the gas on it from a dead stop and they will literally do want you out of the water its hilarious. Yet pictures would be great to see if you want you can send them to my email to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast