Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miss Geico 17 "brushed to INSANE 50MPH BRUSHLESS BOAT"

Default Miss Geico 17 "brushed to INSANE 50MPH BRUSHLESS BOAT"

Alright guys I know this has not been done yet but I am the first to push this little boat too the brink. I see all of people asking how to make this boat faster week I have done it and with great success. I started this for fun for my boys and has turned into a project. I first used a mini mono brushless motor and a30amp esc with a high performance Lipo 1350 battery. The collet has to be drilled out to match the drive shaft side, then you mount the battery in the bow of the boat. I then used a aquacraft metal prop of larger size and installed mini mono by "aquacraft" turn fins. More this boat hulls a$$ I will post a video today of it in action. Stay tuned for more. zack tampa, fl

Where is the video

had a little problems with the boat. Shookp the motor me loose and working on balancing it. Will post one within the next day

Cool

I can't get the current video i have to post from my phone. You can go to my fave book page and I'll accept you as a friend is Zachary Buendia tampa fl

I swear it's so fast it's crazy. And the video on my page is of it not running right so slower then it has been but will post it going to try to hit 60mph. For wheel stuck weights to balance it out and make it ride right

I have a 29 MG that is hard to keep in the water. I want to see a small one doing those speeds

It will be fun to see it running up to potential. A tip for the videographer - when filming a boat always hold the phone horizontally, not vertically as in the videos. It makes it easier to follow the boat - and just looks better.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

alright this is what I had to do. Over the weekend I was having a hard time getting it to run to its potential. So I went ahead and pulled everything out of the boat and I use spray foam in spray foam the whole inside of the hull.isin reinstall all the electronics and bounce the boat with lead weights to make it heavier in the water on the back of the boat. Will be running it Tuesday morning on the lake with full video for everyone to see my goal is to hit 60 miles per hour.

also just a quick note the boat does have turn fins and adjustable trim tabs. I had to make a metal bracket to hold the motor in place as it vibrated loose with the factory bracket which is made out of plastic. I just ordered a leopard motor for the boat and plan to have it in before Tuesday's Run.

post pictures?

Yes, we want to see some pics. Where in Tampa do you boat? I'm in Riverview. I found this video of a guy running a Vilineon 380 motor on his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
    Last edited by gyrotron; 05-09-2013 at 03:49 PM.

I can't wait to see how this small boat runs at 50+ mph

I live in Tampa Florida Hillsborough County Town and Country area and I usually take it out to a little lake by my house or its more like a pond.contact me at zacktg rills@yahoo.com and maybe we can meet up one day

I have a 17" coming in tomorrow, I was planning on switching out the electrics from my mini mono... my goal for this boat is to have a nice 25mph pool boat. eventually I plan on getting a nicer set up to hopfully put it in the 30's...

btw, I had a MG29 running on 6c and I dont think I was at 50.... and that thing wanted to flip like no other when I got to WFO

50mph was just my goal but looking harder and harder

Anythings possible! Change it to a flex shaft and strut and youll get more speed/better handling. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe_k View Post
    Anythings possible! Change it to a flex shaft and strut and youll get more speed/better handling. good luck
    So how about 100 mph? Is that possible?

Lol aww no earth you never told me where are what I did wrong with my friend so that way I know what to do please let me know thank you

Zach, mount your trim tabs so they are 1 or 2mm up from the bottom of the ride pads. Where you have them they won't even be in contact with the water.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Heaving Earth View Post
    So how about 100 mph? Is that possible?
    If he wants to set a goal for 50 and try, who are you to tell him he cant? we both know mid 30's is probably all it has, so what? You're trying to act like the most bada$$ dude on this forum, its rc boating man, get a life
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 05-11-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Language

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe_k View Post
    haha whose dick is stuck in your a$$? I know that this hull wont do 50... who gives a $hit? If he wants to set a goal for 50 and try, who are you to tell him he cant? we both know mid 30's is probably all it has, so what? You're trying to act like the most bada$$ dude on this forum, its rc boating man, get a life
    when did i say he cant try?
    you dont have to like me, youre just mad cause i tell it like it is…

Quote Originally Posted by Heaving Earth View Post
    when did i say he cant try?
    you dont have to like me, youre just mad cause i tell it like it is…
    why would i be mad? hes obviously having a good time with his kids which is what its all about.

Zack,

Have you run that 17 MG after these mods have gone in? I saw the you tube vid, but I gotta see that thing in the water. Since I have upgraded my 29 I still haven't been able to get her anywhere near top speed without her blowing over. Good thing your in FL with warm water since you'll be doing some swimming before that boat dreams of getting near 50. Haha!

I''ll be impressed if it runs in the 30's

cut you losses and buy a Barbwire. lol!!

Lol I just got the traxxas spartan. But Friday I'm ordering the Genisses catamaran. Wasn't someone to build it though

Gyrotorn I did with the guy in the video did and I added a chance tab to the rear Rudder.and let me tell you I got the MG 17 to run like a bat outta hell I'm going to post a link but I'm really sorry it is a bad video but you can tell from the looks of just a little glimpse you get.I will post a daytime video soon as I can take one. I think I'm going to shock a lot of you on how fast this little boat goes.

Zackthrills,

It sure does look it is going strong. I'll be waiting on your daylight video. Don't forget to post some pics to see what you did. I checked out the hull at a loacl hobby shop a few days ago and I am thinking about moding one too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast