Thread: Supervee on single 4S = Superfun

Default Supervee on single 4S = Superfun

I was almost gonna sell it after I got my Revolt 30 cause the SV just feels like a turtle compare the the Revolt. I did the conversion last night figure I have all these 4S lipos to use now, I took her out for a test run during lunch break today and WOW!!! it's night and day. I'm running her with the same Grim prop 42X55 as my stock Revolt. only thing now is that the motor get's hot not the battery are just barely warm and where as before the 2 nimh batteries would get super hot and the motor are barely warm. correct me if I'm wrong.. before, the batteries can't supply the current fast enough to keep up with the motors demand so the batteries gets hot and now the battery is able to supply all the current the motor can handle and the motor is running at it peak and therefore the motor are getting hot. in front of the motor there is just enough clearance to install a battery tray and with a 4S lipo mounted. and I believe the CG is much better then before where you have 2 batteries on both sides and they tend to wabble at speed. wonder which one is faster now, my Revolt 30 or SV 27? probably gonna play it safe in the future and get a used set of Revolt motor and ESC w/LVC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Need to get rid of that silicon water jacket. or at least slid it to the front of the motor, it will cool better there.
    Modified Jae21, Stock Jae21, Cheetah, Ul-1, Shock Wave 26 V2 (Rescue Boat).

Thanks for reminding me. I moved it back to install the battery try and forgot to put it forward. So pretty much center the jacket. Is that where the coils are?

More towards the wires will be best.
    Modified Jae21, Stock Jae21, Cheetah, Ul-1, Shock Wave 26 V2 (Rescue Boat).

Cool

...correct me if I'm wrong.. before, the batteries can't supply the current fast enough to keep up with the motors demand so the batteries gets hot and now the battery is able to supply all the current the motor can handle and the motor is running at it peak and therefore the motor are getting hot.
    Yes, this is basically correct. To avoid overheating the motor and permanently damaging it, you need to either use a smaller prop, or shorten your run times.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

You can buy a Revolt for $200 new, 250. w/radio and rx. Super Vee w/radio $350. That says a lot.

This is for people with a old SV27 and want to keep it. Cheap upgrade fun and anyway, you can't sell an old SV27for much.I've also installed a AC 1800kv motor and 60A ESC that i bought used on OSE and now I personally think my SV27 is more fun them my Revolt and can take more punishment too.

I have the old SV27 and love the boat. I put a UL-1 esc and motor in it and it is fast. I just put it up because it is a hell of a deal. I like my SV more then the Revolt. I think it is built better. The Revolt is a cheaper build compared to the SV27. But for under $200. is hard to pass up. But I would take the SuperVee over the Revolt.

SV fiberglass is much stronger and thicker then the Revolt. Where as the Revolt feels like I can crush the hull if I hold it too hard. and the SV rudder is more forgiving if it gets hit. Revolt handles too good which is great but makes it a little boring since I don't race. Revolt does not flip easy but if it flips, you need to rescue it where as the SV flip easy but most of the time it will barrel roll and end up right side up. I picked up my Revolt during the crazy TowerHobbies sale also.