Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: atomic 58 inch catamaran motor question

Remember you'll need to pick up a motor coupler (6mm motor shaft to 1/4" flex cable). Even if the arr version comes with one it will be a 5mm to 1/4" coupler. For some reason the stock rtr outrunner comes with a 5mm motor shaft.

Not really. Thge motors at HK designated as T600's are larger than the motors FighterCat calls T600's. FC calls them T600's because they were originally designed for 600 sized heli's.

If you type in T600 at HK you will get the range of T600 motors in 880, 1100 and 1400KV.

What fighter cat calls a T600 are Suppo motors slightly smaller that the HK T600.

Below are pics of the HK versions. The chrome ones in second picture are the Suppo and same as FC and are less expensive than FC. The black case ones are HK's T600 line and can produce more power and are physically larger.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    They are actually the same motor. You'll notice the fightercat description says t600. They just have his logo on them. Either one will work just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

I have one each of the motors in Ray's pictures above...he's right, there is a fair difference in the size of the two.

Thanks for the info guys! I ordered the Turnigy 1100 Kv motor and the proper adapter for the flex shaft. Running 6s, could I get mid forties?

And what can I do to add some better cooling, I was thinking of fabbing up a fan mount for the motor

Vents would be nice but you need to keep it top side up.
    I had found some foam that would let air through it but not water,
    But I never got around to modding it into a boat hatch to do some testing with it yet.
    Try looking into a very good outrunner water cooled motor mount for it,
    And added with a fan I think that will help a lot.
    Talk to Herve in this thread and see if he has anything new up his sleeve.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...01-motor-mount
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Sorry for the mis- information, and thank you for the correction.

I got a new set of turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 35-70c 3s lipos to replace my single zippy 5800mah 25c 6s lipo in my ARC. So went from 145 available amps to 175. Also bumped up the timing from my last run from 22 degrees to the maximum 26.25. The boat ran slower from last time. Went from 43.7mph to 42.1mph, and motor temps increased from 130-165. Looks like The optimal timing for the stock setup may be 22 degrees. I don't think the higher c-rated lipos made any difference, but it is good that I have the batts down lower in the sponsons instead of on top of the tunnel. I'm loving this boat right now! Super fun to drive, and handles better than expected for such a scale looking hull.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456