Thread: Paint job designs!

Default Paint job designs!

Ok I would like some input on this plz! I am going to be painting a body for my touring car it's a BMW m3 e92 gt2 body, and just have a few simple questions! I would like input as to some easy/cool paint designs! I am painting this body for a project in my auto body class! So nothing TO hard, but something fairly easy but would look pretty cool! I had a couple in mind, I was thinking along the lines of like, black base, with dark red flames fading to a dark blue the rest of the way! I don't know I'm still up in the air with a "fade" paint job. It MIGHT be a little to tough as im just a beginner, but anything will work for thoughts! Thanks in advance for any input!!

Faux paint the roof carbon fiber. Black base coat the lay down mesh tape and light coat of metallic dark gray. Looks cool

I REALLY like that idea of the carbon fiber roof! Keep in mind u have to paint from the inside, so u would lay down the mesh tape, metallic dark grey then the black base coat correct? I really like that idea though!

Yes indeed. For some reason I thought you were painting the outside. Just make sure to do very light coats over the tape and don't make it wet, otherwise it will bleed under the tape, and won't look as clean when you peel it.

Alright! Thanks That kind of thing didnt even cross my mid! But I really like it! Hahaha where can I find mesh tape?! Ill take a look now!

Glad I can help -) mostly I just anger people when I speak lol
    You can get mesh tape and any lowes or home depot, or hardware store for that matter. It's a common item

Yep found it at my local Home Depot! Gesh, the smallest roll I find so far is 150 ft! 😂 Oh well u can never have to much!!! Hahaha

Just look for it in the drywall section. It's cheap and I think they sell 50ft for under 4 bux. Lmk how you make out

Yep I found it! Oh well I can just donate the rest of it to the class or future use! And I will do ill upload a pic of the body when it's completed! I have about 3-4 weeks or so before its done though so I have time to think about all the possibilities! But the roof is DEFINETLY getting the carbon faux!

What's the class exactly?

Auto body, there are 30 students and we have like groups, there's a body group (fixs dents and stuff) paint PREP (preps stuff for paint) then my group the refinishers (fancy word for painters) and a couple others I ain't think of exactly! But we r coming to the end of the year and the teacher is allowing us to bring our own projects into paint! I was originally gonna paint my mystic but my parents didnt like the idea so I decided ill get a body for my tc3 instead!!!
    It's a cool class, they also have auto tech which I take also!
    Last edited by Megabiker98; 04-23-2013 at 11:50 PM.

I think I'm gonna stick with a one tone base color and no designs or amything, cause come to think of it, it will be a pretty big challenge to flames or anything else on this, ill take a picture of some the plastic replicas showing some of the colors we hae