Thread: Delta Force 41" Sports Mono

Default Delta Force 41" Sports Mono

I've had this hull and most the gear to build it sitting around for too long and finally got around to getting things together.
    The df41 hull will have a Neu 1527 1.5d brushless motor, swordfish 300amp speedo and run 6s with a maybe a x646/3 or what ever I decide to screw on.
    I began the build by giving the interior of the hull a sand and then laid carbon / Kevlar cloth to cover as much area of the interior as I could reach. With that dry, the next day I installed the hardware, stuffing tube and made a motor mount. I spent today making up a battery tray and a servo holder and now have them installed, I'm at a "stuck point" now as I wait for the speedo to be shipped from Steve. Here's a few pic's.

I finished this boat off this morning and took if for a quick maiden. It ran very stable with a x646/3 prop but it lacked a bit of punch so I've fitted a x548 and will head back over for another run when my missus gets here to watch the office. I'm very happy with it so far.

I'm new here so this might be a stupid question, but what's the black stuff you used to stick everything to the hull? Thanks.

Do you use a 8x4 mm silicone tubing? Do you put the speed control and the motor in a different water lines?

Good looking boat.

I use the 1/4" water tube purchased here on ose and run separate lines, one to the speedo and one to the motor.

Sooo, Millzee ya think maybe you should get some beefier battery tie-downs? LOL Looks like they came from a set of luggage.

I am thinking of building 2 for my friend and I to race. We have several boats and a private lake with buoys to race around. Do you still have it? How does it handle chop, race water, wakes?
    Dumas Air Boat OS 25 nitro, Dumas Air Boat Brushless, Midwest Lobster Boat, AQ Lucas Oil Cat, Dumas Hot Shot IV Proboat outboard, Delta Force Cyber Storm 33