Thread: NAMBA District 8 Season Opener at Twin-Lakes in Smokey Point, WA

Default NAMBA District 8 Season Opener at Twin-Lakes in Smokey Point, WA

Got out for the first District 8 race of the season this weekend at Twin Lakes in Smokey Point, WA.

These are combined Nitro/Gas/FE events that take place over Sat/Sun, with the two alotted FE classes running on Saturday.

Turnout for FE was light, but quality, and we had some fun competition. FE runs two classes, P-Limited Hydro and P-Limited OPC Tunnel.

I got pushed HARD all day in P-Ltd OPC Tunnel by Theron Warrford and Bill Whitlock, both of whom have aquired Lynx tunnels. Mike Hughes took mine and put it on his setup board, and then put Theron's on and they began adjusting. Looks like it's time for me to start getting serious about props, because he was never more than a corner away from me the entire 6-laps, and this went on all day.

P-Limited Hydro was close as well, though Bill was getting his brand new (as of MONDAY!) Raptor Hydro setup and still has some work to do. Finished all his heats though, I believe, which was great.

I'm hoping to get more PSFEMBC guys out to these events. It's great racing and you can learn a lot about setup and prop work from the Nitro guys out there.

Here are a few pics from the event. I'll post more as I get them.

Here is a link to the District 8 Racing Schedule: http://www.namba8.com/schedule.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Default A couple more pics...

Jerry Dunlap sent me these yesterday...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."