Thread: Mini Rio Mods?

Default Mini Rio Mods?

Hi. I'm newly into RC Electric boats, but not new to RC. I'm an E-RC Plane guy mainly, 5 years experience. Have had RC Cars and Trucks on and off since around 8 years old. But this is my first Electric boat. After much reading, both here and other sites, I bought a Mini Rio which is on it's way tomarrow.

I wanted to know of any modifications that I haven't already read about. IE is there any way to cool the ESC or Battery I will be using? The stock motor and ESC will be pulled the day it arrives, and I'm planning on using a spare Hyperion YC-22 6000kv motor with Mamba 25 I have lying around, not being put to any good use. I don't know if the motor shaft itself will work or not, so I might not be using it, and just go with the brushless most everyone else seems to be using. The ammo 28-35-2700.

I have read about the wire shaft conversion, which is the way I'm going, and I'm pretty sure I have that .047 Piano Wire laying around, as I have several sizes from pushrods I've made for planes.

BTW, the battery will be a TP and Evo 3s Lipo 13-1400 Mah and since I know these will probably get hot in a sealed area (hull) is there anyone cooling the ESC and Lipo with some sort of custom water jacket, or cooling tube? Or, is it that nobbody is having cooling problems is these areas? Thank you...

Can anyone help this new member?
    ReddyWatts fleet photo
    M1 Supercat - Neu 1527 1Y, 8s / Mean Machine- Feigao 580, 8s, 120 HV esc
    Mean Machine - Feigao 540 14XL, 8s, 100 amp HV esc, X537/3

Thanks Reddy. I've been reading alot about this boat and Diego is helping me immensely. Thanks again for the response!

I too am looking for help. I want to upgrade the motor but am not finding many "guides".. .err and "guides" - any help?