Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone out there sharpen and balance props

Default Anyone out there sharpen and balance props

looking to buy props just don't want to take on the hassle of sharping an balancing them is there a place or someone out there that will do this for money
    Its not the boat its the driver http://namba2016fenats.com/
    Whiplash,Sprint Cat, Pursuit, 83' Miss Rock modern hydro JAE21, Dragon M11 Tunnel, Mickey Beez Jet, CF JAE21

im looking for a m445,x545,x645,abc4760,x442,m442 props
    Its not the boat its the driver http://namba2016fenats.com/
    Whiplash,Sprint Cat, Pursuit, 83' Miss Rock modern hydro JAE21, Dragon M11 Tunnel, Mickey Beez Jet, CF JAE21

PM sent

I'm in the same boat. I have 9 raw props I need sharpened and balanced before I go to the FE Nats 2013. I was referred to Mark Sholund but he responded that he is behind and cannot help me before the June 5th thru 8th Nats.

Who can I ship props to help me out also.

Thanks, Allen

J.W. Pepper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I have 9 raw props I need sharpened and balanced before I go to the FE Nats 2013. I was referred to Mark Sholund but he responded that he is behind and cannot help me before the June 5th thru 8th Nats.

Thanks, Allen
    These guys do S & B... http://www.funrcboats.com/Services.aspx - prices are bout on par with what others charge.

Don't know what they're lead time frame is, you'll have to give them a call, one of the few places that actually answer's the phone when you call.

Hope that helps you out.

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Here is http://www.tflhobby.com/spare_parts.html
    I hope that is useful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post

Thanks, Allen
    I can also do Props :) , i just added a prop cupping anvil to my collection of tools .
    IMGA0567.jpg
    and i have the time right now .....i just seen this and figured i get the word out :) .

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Skidoo View Post
    I can also do Props :) , i just added a prop cupping anvil to my collection of tools .
    IMGA0567.jpg
    and i have the time right now .....i just seen this and figured i get the word out :) .
    Nice anvil - can you change the angle on the prop?
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Its a cupping tool i made . This anvil will increase the props tip's pitch angle yes . In my mind any ways:) . This is the final step after you get it s.b.t.r+p :). What this will achieve , 3-5 M.P.H. on a finely tuned prop . By doing this it will finely tune your thrust cone .

PS the above cupping tool is a voodoo cupping block , Please don't make it sould like it's your Idea and that you made it ! Guys this is my bussiness ,,Have been doing props for 30 years e mail me for best results dasboata@aol.com ! thanks chris http://www.voodoopropellers.com/uplo...30.jpg?5097154

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    PS the above cupping tool is a voodoo cupping block , Please don't make it sould like it's your Idea and that you made it ! Guys this is my bussiness ,,Have been doing props for 30 years e mail me for best results dasboata@aol.com ! thanks chris http://www.voodoopropellers.com/uplo...30.jpg?5097154
    email sent Chris
    thanks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Just got a couple props from Chris they do very nice work will be getting more done from them soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jim82 View Post
    Just got a couple props from Chris they do very nice work will be getting more done from them soon!
    awesome!
    mine should be here any day
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Thank you guys,, we take great pride in our products and service. I am always looking for improved ways of doing props and better faster props. I appreciate the Business that I get here from OSE and you guys, Thank you Chris

Chris dasbota, has always been professional and easy to talk to. Chris has built me some pretty fast wheel's
    Top Gun 2011, "current problem" 88MPH. Top Gun 2014 "Marine One" 99 MPH. bet speed to date 125 MPH

Thank you guys,, we take great pride in our products and service. I am always looking for improved ways of doing props and better faster props. I appreciate the Business that I get here from OSE and you guys, Thank you Chris
    Chris has done many props for me over the years, I was a Nitro / Gas jockey for over 15 years, sold all my gear 4 years ago, Just started up again, FE and now that I found out he's still B/S/P props, he's going to be doing all my FE props and I couldn't be happier.
    Jim S

twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Just sent out 3 props , they were not in the best of shape when i got them . I hope you like'm Brandon Duncan , hears a pic before and afterIMGA0927.jpgIMGA0949.jpg

Wow Dasboata , you guys are harsh sorry to say , its a tool i made not my idea...but i have added to my tools for props .....hard to get ahead with all the ball busting What about this one i just added who's idea is that >IMGA0931.jpg

And yes i made it , Voodoos is 1/4 drive mine is 3/16 :)
    IMGA0560.jpgIMGA0564.jpg

Mine from voodoo is 3/16 also??

Now that's funny Cooper, i spoke to him on this and he told me that it would have to be turned down to 3/16 , to save on money as my health has be failing me i made my own .

Red face

Yup, 3/16 shafts I spot welded to mine. Kinda a pain to get the exact same angle for left n right props. Tweak the props and lets see um :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry, stupid phone, keeps inverting my photos!!!

Its ok Cooper I just turned the lap top upside down , not try to step on anyones toes as this is my hobby , to have made my own is very satisfying ....i was merely answering some ones request . BTW i follwed some of your build :) , awesome

Looks like some very nice tools you have made there Savage Skido

So are you going to be tooling and S&B props for other,
    Or is this stuff just for your own use ?

I may be looking to get some done up in the future.
    Last edited by lenny; 08-03-2013 at 12:42 AM.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    Looks like some very nice tools you have made there Savage Skido

So are you going to be tooling and S&B props for other,
    Or is this stuff just for your own use ?

I may be looking to get some done up in the future.

I have done many props now for the guys i boat with Lenny with great success , Thanks for the complement . I've been tossing the idea around , waiting too hear from a guy who's props i sent out too Louisiana . IMGA0949.jpg

Good to hear and hope they work as good as they look.
    Where do you live in Canada,
    Do you know Peter Zicha ?
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

No Lenny I'm In Ontario , i would love to do you up some props . I see your in Jersey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast