Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revolts on sale at tower hobbies

we can only dream off prices like that in europe!

a rtr costs around 430€ ,that's about 520 $

a rxr 320€ (387$)

there also very hard to find here ,you can buy a proboat in almost every lhs ,aquacraft is a real quest to find one

Quote Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
    Just started RC boating..give me a couple more months, then it's time for me to squeeze every ounce of performance out it.
    lol!!
    Also what I like is I take my laptop to the pond and read the data after every run. It will let you get everything out of the boat. I run two laps bring in the boat change a prop and toss it right back in two more laps you get the point.
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Quote Originally Posted by bdp1174 View Post
    After Tower discount for members (016n3) it brings the price down to 169 with free shipping still.
    Well 169.95...or $170 as I call it, but then there is the 9.99 ($10) for the membership in order to get the free shipping. So now we are at $180. I didn't wanna fool with signing up for a membership I would likely only use once, constanlty getting emails from them, etc. , so I just spent the extra $5 and bought it from Omnimodels. But now, I'm contemplating getting another one, so in hind sight, maybe I shoulda got the first one from Tower. Oh well.

For what it's worth, Hobbyzone on ebay is selling them for $199 shipped right now (RxR). I couldn't resist. I bought another one since none of my friends have boats. The next cheapest deal I've seen is $212 shipped, $215, then $255, and everywhere else seems to be $269 and up.

------
    update

HZ and GravesRC raised their price back to $269, but there are still some RxR on ebay for $215 shipped.
    Last edited by metoo; 06-14-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    Revolt 30, Octura M545, Spectrum DX3S tx, ORX rx, Shaft from Kinetic...not on the water yet.

Quote Originally Posted by D for Dummy View Post
    Larry's Performance is my LHS, saw them for $249 RTR. Wow... I'm thinking another silver/red/black one to match my Motley Crew boats. I ran my Aquacraft Revolt 30 against a brand new Proboat Impulse 31 and beat him with speed and handling. Although, the Impulse 31 looks nice in black it just doesn't have it like my Revolt 30. Later in the day he made contact with another boat and squashed his hull pretty good. I heard the Blackjack 29's are like eggshells, but holy smokes one contact and his hull was toast!

Another reason I'm very happy with my Aquacraft products, the boats are a quality product and when I've needed assistance, the customer service has been awesome.
    I'll also chime in on this one. My neighbor's Revolt 30 out performs my Impulse 31 across the board. Both boats bone stock running the exact same 4s batteries. The Revolt is faster, handles better, has better rough water capabilities, and drove away from a crash with my Impulse without a scratch....My impulse was nearly totaled. I did fix it, but it cracked like an egg - in about 8 places.
    I like my Impulse, but the Revolt just out performs it hands down. Thinking about parting it out and picking up a rxr revolt for $199.

BE sure to upgrade the flex cable.!!!! Mine was changed out before it even saw the bathtub on the Revolt :) I vouch for the OSE cables, I ran my MC for about a week on the stock flex. WOW cavitation machine!!! The OSE cable also seems to me, to hold on to grease better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12