Thread: Donzi z65

Default Donzi z65

i am looking for suggestions to go brushless or not. i currently have 2 consecutive serial No. Kroker seawasp MK II with only bench time run. i thought of using them but not sure about the batteries ,esc,props, lipos, ect. has anyone done a brushless set up on a Donzi? i would be willing to use the Krokers but again the rest of the setup i am not sure about.

Zippy.
    You might have better luck if you post in the main FE questions thread on these forums.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ns-and-Answers
    A couple of photos & the size & weight of the hull & the specs on the motors would be helpful too. Or no one will really know what you've got.

cheers.
    Paul.

I would stick with brushed motors. For scale speeds and everything in between plus reverse you can't go wrong. Brushless motors and ESC's perform best at full throttle otherwise heat build up is a major issue. I have one and use a pair of 900 size brushed motors.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

What kind of RPM can you get out of through hull shaft logs ? I have a scale speedboat I'm starting to build, and
    would like to know if I can get 15k rpm on a conventional through the hull shaft log with Raboesch or Mack logs .
    TIA pwr

I have a Donzi Z65 and I run the running hardware #2353 #3114 Bronze propeller #3115 Bronze propeller with two 775 12V DC 12000rpm Brush Motors from ebay and a Power Patrol SLA1075 Sealed AGM Maintenance Free Rechargeable Battery 12V.8AH. Gets up on plane very well. I am also running two mtroniks 30A speed controls but you can run both motors with just one and it actually works better with only one. The motors in this picture are 880 series 5000 rpm and were way too slow. The small speed control is for the bow thruster. I dont know how to post a youtube link but my video is Dumas Donzi Z-65 RC boat Randy C
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rcope340; 11-13-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Hello Rcope340. I have an unfinished Donzi Z65 and nothing to go with it but the #2353 running hardware kit. I see your motor setup but being new to R/C boating, I really need some more help. I have been into R/C airplanes for a while so I get the basics but as far as cooling, motor mounts, motor couplings, through hull fittings etc. im not well versed in. Also if you have the plans or blueprints for your Donzi and are willing to share, im willing to pay you for them! I know this is an old post so if your still active, any information you may have would be a great help! Thank you!