Thread: EKOS 34" rudder...now what?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default EKOS 34" rudder...now what?

I'm not exactly an expert or veteran with this stuff....did a search (couple of them actually) and only managed to find other posts dating back to 2010...so I am posting this in hopes of getting some help

The two attached photos pretty much sum it up for me...ran it three times...this happened on the 3rd run

Picked up some Loctite Marine Epoxy...was going to mix some up and shoot it in between the fiberglass and the back of the aluminum plate. Push it back together then run some epoxy around the outside for a reinforcement and to try and seal up the fiberglass so it doesn't continue to delaminate.

I am not a fiberglass wizard (but guessing I should become one if I keep this boat), so other than taking this to a body shop for fiberglass and paint repair, not really sure what to do....or what to do going forward so I don't have to deal with this again.

I've been reading about break-away rudders for other boats, but can't seem to find a OEM replacement break-away unit for this EKOS boat.

As usual, any/all help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images