Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Record Trial, Flint MI, May 4 & 5

Q, S and T can run twins in the IMPBA. There is one obscure rule you have to be careful of though. The batteries in a twin set up all have to be connected together in series and parallel to form "one pack". You cannot run one pack to one motor and a second isolated pack to the other. Freaking IMPBA.. LOL

That's cool Terry lets everyone run. It's all about having a good time. I did take the current P-Sport Hydro Ovals records last month. I think I took it from some guy named Davis... LOL. The record is still pretty soft. My boat was fast but wasnt cornering that well at speed.

Nice Job Mike!!
    Last edited by Chilli; 05-06-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks for the kind words Terry. I am not going to lie about it; I was excited when Terry called out the time. I would have been happy with low 27’s and figured the boat had low 26’s if the guy holding the transmitter could drive a couple smooth laps. Your Q boat could have done the same if not better.

Your right though, it was nothing more than my heat racing set up. I could have done 8+ laps and still have some in the tank. Truth of the matter is there is plenty more in that boat. I think there is some ABC props that we could be put on and drop the time some more. Before that can happen that boat needs to be re-enforced along the sponson transom. As hard as we are throwing boats into the corner it’s trying to rip that sponson off. I am not telling you anything you don’t already know.

Later,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Terry. I am not going to lie about it; I was excited when Terry called out the time. I would have been happy with low 27’s and figured the boat had low 26’s if the guy holding the transmitter could drive a couple smooth laps. Your Q boat could have done the same if not better.

Your right though, it was nothing more than my heat racing set up. I could have done 8+ laps and still have some in the tank. Truth of the matter is there is plenty more in that boat. I think there is some ABC props that we could be put on and drop the time some more. Before that can happen that boat needs to be re-enforced along the sponson transom. As hard as we are throwing boats into the corner it’s trying to rip that sponson off. I am not telling you anything you don’t already know.

Later,
    Mike
    Mike, I'm going to upload a couple of vids to youtube...I have one of your boat (unfortunately with the limited smooth conditions we had, I found myself scrambling to get my own boat ready during one of your runs). Do you want me to upload and post it here? Otherwise I can just email it to you.

Mike's driving skills were quite impressive. He held a great line around the course...something I'm sure I would never do!

Just got back from Flint, dead beat as usual after one of our events.

Due to a stationary system we had an odd east wind most of the weekend which is bad for Thread Lake, we did however get some small windows early and late both days.

We have 2 applications to submit, Mike Ball in Q Sport Hydro 1/3rd oval at 24.506 sec, and Keith Kirchen for S Catamaran SAW at 2.056 sec. or 109.436 mph with a fast pass of 2.031 or 110.783 mph, congratulations guys!

Thanks to FAST members Mike Nowicki, Mark Stein and Mikey Ross without whose hard work and dedication these events just wouldn't happen.

Have some photos and video to post as I get a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Mike, I'm going to upload a couple of vids to youtube...I have one of your boat (unfortunately with the limited smooth conditions we had, I found myself scrambling to get my own boat ready during one of your runs). Do you want me to upload and post it here? Otherwise I can just email it to you.

Mike's driving skills were quite impressive. He held a great line around the course...something I'm sure I would never do!
    Hey Keith,

It was great meeting you and Joel. Do whatever is easier for you... For what it's worth, YouTube works for me. No worries on the vids, anything you were able to do was more than I could have done on my own.

Congrats to you as well by taking a record! I got a chance to see the 1 way pass of a 109... Wish I could have seen the second pass of 110. QUITE impressive!

Later
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    Just got back from Flint, dead beat as usual after one of our events.

Due to a stationary system we had an odd east wind most of the weekend which is bad for Thread Lake, we did however get some small windows early and late both days.

We have 2 applications to submit, Mike Ball in Q Sport Hydro 1/3rd oval at 24.506 sec, and Keith Kirchen for S Catamaran SAW at 2.056 sec. or 109.436 mph with a fast pass of 2.031 or 110.783 mph, congratulations guys!

Thanks to FAST members Mike Nowicki, Mark Stein and Mikey Ross without whose hard work and dedication these events just wouldn't happen.

Have some photos and video to post as I get a chance...
    HEY Terry! Thanks for everything you and the other FAST members do to keep this event going.

Later,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Hey Keith,

It was great meeting you and Joel. Do whatever is easier for you... For what it's worth, YouTube works for me. No worries on the vids, anything you were able to do was more than I could have done on my own.

Congrats to you as well by taking a record! I got a chance to see the 1 way pass of a 109... Wish I could have seen the second pass of 110. QUITE impressive!

Later
    Mike
    Great meeting you Mike, congrats on the record and great driving!
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Excellent job guys. Both records are equally impressive!!

Here's the 110.7mph run, Joel's entry for "best long jump", and the single run (no backup pass) from my Q-cat entry that ran out of daylight.
    Only the first video was a record, unless you count the long jump...that had to be some kind of record.

Congratulations fellas!!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Good run Mike. I guess I better get serious about putting together a new Q sport boat.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Congratulations fellas!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    Good run Mike. I guess I better get serious about putting together a new Q sport boat.
    Thanks fellas,

It means a lot coming from boaters of your caliber! Actually, I appreciate the kind words from everyone!

Joel and Keith were nice enough to get some footage of my run. I appreciate you guys doing that knowing that you had your own boats too! Thanks guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phVPhq3uYzQ

Later,
    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12