Thread: 3 small questions.

Default 3 small questions.

My drive cable touches the wall of the stuffing tube near the cable coupler. Ive done the search and see that some people reposition or cut the stuffing tube. I really dont want to break my boat up to do that because i got one of the few boats that dont leak. Can i recenter the motor by slotting the plate it bolts into? Has anyone tried this. Im talking about shifiting it not even 1/16" out of center. Also does adding the other turn fin really make a difference? Oh, are there battery tie downs to replace the stoock ones. They didnt come out too well to reposition them.

Thanks
    Last edited by Geeves; 06-28-2008 at 10:56 PM.

What boat are you running? Get us a couple of pictures to better help you.

sv27 brushless.

Do a little research before you move it, i read somewhere that the angle was like that on purpose to counter act prop walk.

Default Fixing The Stuffing Tube

FIRST REMOVE YOUR FLEX CABLE. NEXT TAKE YOUR MOTOR AND COUPLER OUT. FINALLY INSERT A SMALL SCREWDRIVER IN THE STUFFING TUBE AND GENTLY PULL ON THE SCREWDRIVER BENDING THE BRASS TUBE IN THE DIRECTION YOU NEED TO RELIEVE THE FLEX CABLE. INSTALL EVERYTHING IN THE OPPOSITE ROUTINE.
    I HAD TO DO THIS ON BOTH OF MY SV'S.
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Thanks just the kind of answer i was lookking for.