Thread: atomik whiplash 24

Default atomik whiplash 24

anyone got any feedback on these? looking for a rtr boat for my dad to start with for pretty cheap.thanks

im looking at this boat too, for myself, so i wanna know some feedback too

Check out eBay they are selling them for $150. With cosmetic blemish. Thinking of adding one myself. Waiting for my Barbwire to show up to determine Atomiks quality.

Yeah. I seen that. That's why I was asking if anyone had one as I'm looking for something for my dad to play with for decent price. No racing, just playing around.

how bout you get the Whiplash and give me your opinion and I'll do the same with Barbwire. lol!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtphillips23 View Post
    Yeah. I seen that. That's why I was asking if anyone had one as I'm looking for something for my dad to play with for decent price. No racing, just playing around.

Quote Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
    how bout you get the Whiplash and give me your opinion and I'll do the same with Barbwire. lol!!
    Lol. We will see

i might go ahead with the aquacraft Wildcat EP but if you say its really good and come up with some videos and i havent bought the wildcat i might change my mind so please keep everything on this thread
    thanks

P.S. make a video of the whiplash running i can only find the one made by Atomik

I may order one of the blemish ones off fleabay later just to see how the boat does. Will post up video if I do.

ran the Barbwire yesterday. that thing is fast, quick acceleration, and very responsive almost too responsive. it does a turn sub if going too fast into a sharp turn (right turns only). only thing is the controller is very cheaply made, the steering knob is so loose feels like it's not screw in all the way (thought it was broke when I first open the box). for $150.. can't beat it. let me know about the Whiplash.

Quote Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
    ran the Barbwire yesterday. that thing is fast, quick acceleration, and very responsive almost too responsive. it does a turn sub if going too fast into a sharp turn (right turns only). only thing is the controller is very cheaply made, the steering knob is so loose feels like it's not screw in all the way (thought it was broke when I first open the box). for $150.. can't beat it. let me know about the Whiplash.
    Good to know

well guys...I bought a whiplash so I could show my 2 younger brothers that buying mainstream(traxxas blasts) is not always the best choice. they have both had their boats for a while, and have changed motors(titan 12t 550), upgraded burnt up esc's, upgraded props...blah blah blah. I got my Atomik Whiplash blem for the same price they paid for their blasts, and let me tell you. In bare stock form, first charge on the liop, I beat them in top speed, handling, and runtime, not to mention (in my opinion) looks. I think this is a great boat for bashing around small lakes or large ponds. it is on the small side for its power but I am going to put an octura x440/3 on it anyway cause you can never be enough faster than a sibling. the stock prop is a 36mm x 1.4p with a 4mm shaft and the drive system never even gets warm. the only other thing I may do is to add turn fins to make higher speed cornering a little better. the 360 spins look cool but get a bit annoying after a while.

Now that you have had the boat for some time now, have you modified it in any way? I recently got one of these boats and have only put a slightly larger prop on it. I think it's a great boat but something I am not sure of is how it seems to surge from a dead stop, like there is some sort of delay. It runs good but power seems to die off and come back at times. I don't know if this is the nature of a lipo battery or the ESC? Only other boats that I am familiar with is the Aquacraft Hammer. The Hammer jumps quickly to speed and when the battery starts to run down, the boat just gets slower and slower. With the Whiplash, the battery seems to drain and then surge a few times before draining completely, but like I said, I don't know if this is the nature of a lipo battery. I've only had 3 runs on the boat so I am still trying to figure it out.