Thread: Anyone around central pa???

Default Anyone around central pa???

I know I read somewhere a year or so ago about where some members were located but I can't find it. I'm in central Pennsylvania , south of Williamsport. I know of a few guys near Jan's, Harrisburg area, but no one local. Just wanted to find some of you guys that are around in a reasonable area. We don't do any formal racing but maybe if I could find some more fellow fe boaters something could be set up. Or even just finding some other boaters sharing similar interest in the area.

(Sounds like one of those personal adds lol!!!!).

Hello cooper my name is Bob I live in Dover Pa. about 15 minutes from Jan's shop. I to would like to find more people close by or set something up.I run with Jan and some of the guys on Sundays weather permitting.Still waiting on that , and my son and I get out as much as possible. Fairly new to Fe boating but Jan n the guys are great help. I was checking out your saw build and think it looks great.I'm a painter and for a first attempt at paint I'm impressed. Hand polishing that clear is a lot of work 2000 grit much easier than 1500.I use a small dual action sander/polisher with foam pad.Good Luck and hope we can get together some time.

I should be around the water within the next two weeks (river lot) so once I get organized ill get with you. I never did get a chance to come down to your guys part of the river. (Almost sent you guys a boat, but we found it before the current got it! Lol!!!) but hopefully this year I can get down a few times and have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bandanabob View Post
    Hello cooper my name is Bob I live in Dover Pa. about 15 minutes from Jan's shop. I to would like to find more people close by or set something up.I run with Jan and some of the guys on Sundays weather permitting.Still waiting on that , and my son and I get out as much as possible. Fairly new to Fe boating but Jan n the guys are great help. I was checking out your saw build and think it looks great.I'm a painter and for a first attempt at paint I'm impressed. Hand polishing that clear is a lot of work 2000 grit much easier than 1500.I use a small dual action sander/polisher with foam pad.Good Luck and hope we can get together some time.
    And most importantly I forgot to say thank you. I'll bring the cat with me, and once up close you can see that I'm definitely an amateur painter. It did come out well but a few spots,,,,to be questioned. Will take your advise on the polishing as a few spots need more than just polishing compound.