Thread: Elizabeth City SAWs

Default Elizabeth City SAWs

Congratulations Danny Schumbrecht!! ( Diegoboy)

Danny set a new N Catamaran record of 64.562 Mph.

Well done sir!

Doug

PS It's nice to see Catamaran instead of Tunnel isn't it? Thank you Mr. Harris!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Congrats again to Danny. Nice record during a weekend when mother nature wasnt cooperating.

Thats great they changed Tunnel to Cat. I was thinking of suggesting that. I guess great minds think alike....

Thanks Doug! Thanks Mike! Thank you to Kentley for all the help!! What I understand, my fast pass was 68.x
    It wasn't the weather that slowed my return, it was my driving.
    The name change makes it so much easier when outboard tunnel guys shorten the name to "tunnel" heck, I've done it myself.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Congratz Danny !!!
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

You bring up a good point for those that have never done SAW's.

The driving is not as easy as it looks. I understand we're going to have a big crowd for Ovals. Should be awesome. See you guys next month!!

Thanks Chuck.
    Mike, that is so true. SAWs are a totally different beast. Most conventional thinking has to adapt. I offset my drive line to compensate for prop walk and still, she walkes so much that she is trimmed with hard left rudder just to go straight on plane. Now I know this is because I'm over propped but for just two passes, I'm not stressing the power plant too bad. I have a plan to force her straight on plane with minimal left trim to reduce drag and break the 70mph barrier. Keep your fingers crossed I can improve my driving skills by then. Haha.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Cool

Nice record you have made and nice appraisal received. But if you go on Australian side, then this range become common one and there's a lot of difference for high scores.
    What? You mean that it is common for Australians to make two consecutive passes over 104 km/h with a 2S/7.4 volt catamaran? I find that very very difficult to believe.....especially since the AMPBA 4S/14.8 volt Tunnel record is 'only' 104.499 km/h.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Nicely done, Danny! Hooked, I'm assuming!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."