Thread: offset bracket

Default offset bracket

will the blackjack 29 offset rudder bracket fit the miss geico??

Yes,
    But I think the Mystic hardware may be better setup to go with.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

It won't without mods. I believe the servo arm is located in a different location. Look at the proboat pics.
    white geico w/2200kv 3674 leopard 53.5mph 4s2p, geico w/ 1800kv outrunner 52mph on 4s2p, genesis w/2200kv castle 53.8 on 4s2p, impulse 31 w/2200kv castle, stock p1 and ul-1

BJ29 offset rudder fits without any mods. You will also need the BJ29 steering servo pushrod because it is different length than stock MG29 (rudder is closer to the transom with the BJ29 bracket). Stadiumyamaha is correct, the Mystic has the steering servo on the outside of the bracket and the servo is mounted in a different location within the hull (ie, the pushrod hole in the transom is in a different location). You would need to move the servo and re-mount it, plug the hole in the MG 29 and drill a new one for the pushrod.

Just get the BJ29 bracket and new steering pushrod and it is a simple "remove and replace". I changed my MG29 over to the BJ29 rudder assembly. The steering is not as "crisp" as it was the the inline rudder, though, IMO.

Check out this thread (its only a couple of threads below this one, right now). It has a lot of the information you are looking for.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...-Offset-Rudder
    Last edited by bob_t; 03-21-2013 at 07:58 PM.

I tried when the mystic first came out and it wasn't a direct replacement but can't remember why.
    white geico w/2200kv 3674 leopard 53.5mph 4s2p, geico w/ 1800kv outrunner 52mph on 4s2p, genesis w/2200kv castle 53.8 on 4s2p, impulse 31 w/2200kv castle, stock p1 and ul-1

Good to know. Ill be ordering them tonight.

Servo is mounted in different location in the Mystic hull which puts the hole in the hull in a different location, and the bracket is designed differently to accomodate that change. Look at the link I added above .... there is a picture of my MG29 with the BJ29 bracket on it. You do need to buy the BJ29 servo pushrod (PRB4089) as it is a different length and different part number than the MG29 pushrod.

If you use the black jacks strut and rudder hardware,
    Just unbolt the arm on the rudder and bolt it to the other side of the rudder.
    And the servo should work where it is,
    You will just need the BJ'S servo rod than.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

hi Bob, so i can buy the blackjack29 offset and put it on my geico as long as I have the shorter servo rod? any difference of this then the geico offset from kintec?

Here is a photo of my stock Mystic side-by-side with my MG29 with BJ29 rudder assembly ... "a picture is worth a 1000 words" I don't know about the Kintec bracket.

P3210090.jpg

thanks! do you think there are any prop wash or power loss in the geico with the prop being right under the strut bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    thanks! do you think there are any prop wash or power loss in the geico with the prop being right under the strut bracket?
    Never really thought about that, but, after reading the Mercury Racing "prop school series" from the link posted in the prop section, depending on the rake of the prop (which determines how wide or narrow the thrust cone is, according to that info), I guess it could disturb it somewhat. Now that you mention it, the Mystic setup does look "cleaner" around the prop and I know from full size hi performance boats, that does make a difference in speed. They use extension boxes (or Mercury's ITS assemblies) to set outdrives further aft to give them cleaner (less disturbed) water and they typically pickup a couple mph. It also changes the leverage and thrust angle, so the outdrive trim becomes more sensitive, too. Those drives are fully submerged, so its not a true apples-to-apples comparison, though. Because of the size of our subdivision's "backyard pond", our boats are almost too fast for it with stock motors and 4s. My son and I just enjoy them as they are, so I'm probably not the right person to answer "all-out speed" questions.
    Last edited by bob_t; 03-21-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Hi Mike, I have offered to help you do the offset on your MG like mine. I made my own Offset bracket to look and work like the Mystic and all it cost me was $1.50 for the box aluminum.

If you want I can check to see if I have that piece left and make you one up.

I will try to get your prop work done sometime this weekend. It's just been so cold and I don't like doing props in doors.

I'm busy today with a wheelchair seat fitting.
    Nortavlag Bulc

yes same boat.