Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Looking for upgraded flex liner maker

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BN
    Posts
    857

    Default Looking for upgraded flex liner maker

    hi

    Im looking for if someone who can me me some brass liner with oiler, Im willing to pay, as i've broken almost a dozen flex already
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel279 View Post
    hi

    Im looking for if someone who can me me some brass liner with oiler, Im willing to pay, as i've broken almost a dozen flex already
    I make those for OS lower units and Proboat Outboards

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    If your breaking shafts an oiler is not your solution. How is the alignment or are you over powering the set-up?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BN
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel279 View Post
    hi

    Im looking for if someone who can me me some brass liner with oiler, Im willing to pay, as i've broken almost a dozen flex already
    pm me the price, thanks
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BN
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    If your breaking shafts an oiler is not your solution. How is the alignment or are you over powering the set-up?
    I've tried align it properly but still broken, having an oiler would be a good addition too, for easy lubrication and who knows it solve my problem
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel279 View Post
    I've tried align it properly but still broken, having an oiler would be a good addition too, for easy lubrication and who knows it solve my problem
    One of the local guys here had a lawless and was breaking shafts almost everyday. I made a liner for him and he never had that problem again. The boat and drive has been sold to someone else and it's still running strong. Which unit are you running, the stock PB?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    5,889

    Default

    Wasn't there something about the length causing problems? Some were too long
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone – except God.”
    Billy Graham

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BN
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtbenjamin77 View Post
    One of the local guys here had a lawless and was breaking shafts almost everyday. I made a liner for him and he never had that problem again. The boat and drive has been sold to someone else and it's still running strong. Which unit are you running, the stock PB?
    Yes of course Sir
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    762

    Default

    I have a PB outboard on hand and I can make you an oiler liner. I also have hyperformance shafts new in package.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BN
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtbenjamin77 View Post
    I have a PB outboard on hand and I can make you an oiler liner. I also have hyperformance shafts new in package.
    I need just the oiler liner, 2 sets if you can make me some, I already have the hyperperformance propshaft.
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Mel279 PM Sent

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    762

    Default

    here's a pic of the liner/oilers

    DSC03328.jpg

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BN
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Travis

    I got your pm and it looks nicely built
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    762

    Default

    you will need to dremel a small area for the oiler filler tube. Just line up the top and bottom then mark where it needs to be cut. Be sure to cut it wide enough to fit the solder fillet.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •