Thread: Looking for upgraded flex liner maker

Default Looking for upgraded flex liner maker

hi

Im looking for if someone who can me me some brass liner with oiler, Im willing to pay, as i've broken almost a dozen flex already
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Quote Originally Posted by Mel279 View Post
    hi

Im looking for if someone who can me me some brass liner with oiler, Im willing to pay, as i've broken almost a dozen flex already
    I make those for OS lower units and Proboat Outboards

If your breaking shafts an oiler is not your solution. How is the alignment or are you over powering the set-up?

hi

pm me the price, thanks
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    If your breaking shafts an oiler is not your solution. How is the alignment or are you over powering the set-up?
    I've tried align it properly but still broken, having an oiler would be a good addition too, for easy lubrication and who knows it solve my problem

I've tried align it properly but still broken, having an oiler would be a good addition too, for easy lubrication and who knows it solve my problem
    One of the local guys here had a lawless and was breaking shafts almost everyday. I made a liner for him and he never had that problem again. The boat and drive has been sold to someone else and it's still running strong. Which unit are you running, the stock PB?

Wasn't there something about the length causing problems? Some were too long
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by mtbenjamin77 View Post
    One of the local guys here had a lawless and was breaking shafts almost everyday. I made a liner for him and he never had that problem again. The boat and drive has been sold to someone else and it's still running strong. Which unit are you running, the stock PB?
    Yes of course Sir

I have a PB outboard on hand and I can make you an oiler liner. I also have hyperformance shafts new in package.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbenjamin77 View Post
    I have a PB outboard on hand and I can make you an oiler liner. I also have hyperformance shafts new in package.
    I need just the oiler liner, 2 sets if you can make me some, I already have the hyperperformance propshaft.

Mel279 PM Sent

here's a pic of the liner/oilers

DSC03328.jpg

Travis

I got your pm and it looks nicely built

you will need to dremel a small area for the oiler filler tube. Just line up the top and bottom then mark where it needs to be cut. Be sure to cut it wide enough to fit the solder fillet.