Thread: Check list to get back up and running

Default Check list to get back up and running

Hi all It's been about 2 years since I have run my SV27 and have really not done much with it since packing it up. So I am trying to come up with a checklist of to dos since I have forgotten all the maint things I need to do.

So far I think I need to:
    Pull the flex shaft and repack the stuffing tube.
    Do I need to do any lubrication on the motor - Can't remember if I do or not.
    Replace the balloon that receiver is in

Also, I am thinking about changing over to lipo on this and my Stampede since my Granite is Lipo ready. A couple of questions about that:
    Can this motor handle 3S or only 2S?

Should I swap out the esc or just add a LVC to the current ESC?

Should I put in a better cooling jacket than the stock silicon one?

Thanks to all that respond!

Motor will handle 4s, esc is questionable. I toasted stock esc and upgraded to 90 Turnigy which seems to be fine. I'm running 2 2s 4000 mah to give me the 4s and still balance boat side to side. I question if sv27 will get out of its own way on 2s with 1800 motor. Will give you less than 14000 rpm at prop.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into the 90 Turnigy. Any thoughts on anything else I need to check/do maint on before putting it the water this spring?

I have the Old SV-27. All you need is to add a LVC To the Esc and you go to go. As for Batteries 2 2s Batteries for a total of 4s is all you can run in it.
    Modified Jae21, Stock Jae21, Cheetah, Ul-1, Shock Wave 26 V2 (Rescue Boat).

Thanks! Any recommended LVC? Any recommended Lipos? I used to get my NIMH from cheapbatterypacks with the Elite 5000

This is the lvc I have in mine, you can get it here at ose. as for batteries I 'm running a couple Turnigy 4000 2s 40c.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...hld-32&cat=136
    Modified Jae21, Stock Jae21, Cheetah, Ul-1, Shock Wave 26 V2 (Rescue Boat).

Mine came with one of those, never used it with the non lipo esc. Really not needed, just pay attention to your runtimes and how much amperage goes back into the pack. I removed mine as soon as the boat arrived, needed to change over the connectors to what I use. Went in the spare parts bin and has never been looked at again.
    To be honest any esc I have that I can disable the LVC on I do, some of them have too low a cutoff voltage, some are to sensitive and shut you down under load on fully charged batteries. The Turnigy are famous for having LVC cutoff problems. Swordfish cutoff is lower than I like to run my batteries.
    A cheap 2$ timer with an alarm on your radio is much safer IMO. Easy to figure out your runtimes now with good chargers telling you how many MAH went back into the pacck after a set length of time.
    Racing you set your boat up so you have enough juice to finish the race + 1 lap, shouldn't need the LVC here either.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?