Thread: Best offer ??

Default Best offer ??

Recently there was a boat posted for best offer and the bidding started and then was shut down and not allowed. I think this is a great way to sell and I don't understand why this option isn't allowed on OSE. Maybe someone could enlighten me? I have 4 boats that I would like to sell but sometimes it is hard to put a price om them, but would be glad to sell to the highest bidder and consider it to be fair.

The chance ppl fraudulently bid to raise the sell price is always a risk.
    If you dont have a solid sell value.. ask high and see what gets offered !

jm2cw W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

I see why a forum would not want to be like ebay. Forums are meant for good karma hookups amongst a community of members looking to help eachother.

With that being said: i support capitalism... but based on OSE's stringent policies... i bet its frowned upon.

And for all those people who think "its not fair because i wanted it cheap and now people are willing to pay more".... deal with it. Its worth what someone is willing to pay for it regardless of your defined worth. Though, i bet OSE frowns on this as well.

I say.... too bad for the cheapskates.

give me the link for the item you are talking about
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I've seen these kinds of bidding threads on other sites and they can get very ugly and lead a lot of bad blood and lower the sense of community on the forum.

If you want people to bid on your items, put it on eBay and put a link here (if that's allowed).

Actually offsite links to other sites are not allowed
    Billy Graham

that wone moved very quickly and we (the mods) did not catch it otherwise we would have forced him to put a price on it
    Billy Graham