Thread: BlackJack Insanity, Reality Check

Talking BlackJack Insanity, Reality Check

:D Ran the Blackjack on Sunday , with just one engine still and the Navibe now says 39.5 MPH . It was windy , about 25 knots so the increase in speed would have been on the downwind leg of the pond. That being said, in the 2-3 inches of chop , it was a bouncing, gravity defying nerve racking monster.

My original plan to make it into a triple engined beast are not practical. The hull design will not be stable at those speeds unless the pond is glass smooth and no turns needed.

The extra two SV engines are now on their way to my Super Hawaii mod. I installed the shafts last night and its looking good .

Its a bit odd , but after running my SV, my Llumar and the Blackjack yesterday in identical conditions, the one best suited for the chop was the Llumar hydro, not the Deep Vee or the Cat
    The SV flipped 3 times , twice while turning in the chop and one fantastic blow over when running full speed into the wind! The Blackjack was as stated above, although this was the first run in 5 total where it did not end up "Belly Up".

The Llumar took it all in stride . Its becoming my favorite of my FE's so far.
    The Super Hawaii will be a good hull for the twins given it size . The hull will be reinforced with expandable foam ,you have to love that stuff ! Makes things strong with almost no increase in weight !

I ordered my Lipo's for the V-24 mod on Friday, $1,100.00
    It better be worh it !

Don't give up. Build an insane straight-line BJ !
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Sorry folks, I have already given up on the 3 engine mod. The speeds I'm currently running are only on 12 cells, I'll try 14 cells shortly and that should put her over the 40 Mph mark easily.

Steven , you did the same mod to yours and mentioned that you had similar issues , any revelations ??

What about twins?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I tossed in the towel on mine. I think its to narrow and short to be stable above 40 even in a straight line.

The twins are already destined for the SH. Drilled holes in the transom and everything is set,,,soooooo,,,,I'm committed now:rolleyes:

The BJ is a great boat , but 40 is its limit as far as I'm concerned. I'll let you know what the top end is when I install the 14 cells vs the 12 in the next few weeks.:D

I ran mine on sat blew my friends sv pretty stoked. 7xl & 2 7.4 6000mah lipos........

I will post pic & video later of my BJ...................aloha..........