Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any rc boaters in Vancouver bc?

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Gonna be up for some running First weekend of May Dave? Maybe I'll grab Sheldon.
    If you guys go out on sat(4th), I'll come by too. I've got a race on sunday at granite falls.

you bet shawn ,will/might go out this sunday the 28th for awhile.if the weathers okay.will post on webpage, and see what happens for the 5th. jordan if your here on the 4th let us know ,see if we or one of us can come out,need to unlock the gate.
    Last edited by baumer65; 04-23-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Hey guys, I did pick up the Namba insurance but have yet to join the club. I have a total of 10 mins of operating time on my boat but I would still like to come out and join the fun. Perhaps I could come to WCPB as a guest and then pay the membership fees on the day?
    This weekend I am open for a meet somewhere if anyone is out running.

Quote Originally Posted by whalleyb0y View Post
    Hey guys, I did pick up the Namba insurance but have yet to join the club. I have a total of 10 mins of operating time on my boat but I would still like to come out and join the fun. Perhaps I could come to WCPB as a guest and then pay the membership fees on the day?
    This weekend I am open for a meet somewhere if anyone is out running.
    no worries can join when you come out,? will need your namba # card when you come out.

They would be P I think.I haven't had to pay much attention to rules as I have been running alone or with the few of the gas guys.
    Listen guys,I have a "yet to be built" Bling Rocket/Pursuit hull here and bought it to get some racing going.Nothing fancy but what are you guys running that would compete? 4s 1515 2200kv is what I thought for it but can go a different way if there is something we can do in common.
    That is if we would like to run together,and have fun. I know of a couple other local guys that have this hull too and could possibly be talked into coming out.
    im looking at getting a pursuit as well, as soon as I can sell my stiletto tunnel. P-open mono(which is what you've suggested) would be a class I'd be interested in as well. The others that have the same hull, what are they running them with?

planning for april 28th at the lake ,whoever want's to come out and give it a try is welcome,go to westcoast propbusters web page for more info or to contact me for directions.thanx dave.

Quote Originally Posted by GixerGuy1978 View Post
    im looking at getting a pursuit as well, as soon as I can sell my stiletto tunnel. P-open mono(which is what you've suggested) would be a class I'd be interested in as well. The others that have the same hull, what are they running them with?
    The one guy is running a 1800 kv Tacon I believe and BajaGord is a 2000kv Tacon as well.Gord would probably be able to come out,he likes the racing and is fairly active in 1/8th scale buggy's.

I may be trying to fab up some CF rails to brace these hulls by connecting the deck and hull together.You guys shall be forcing me into my build,but that is good,it has been sitting long enough.I was planning on doing it for next season.

I'm in for sure.
    You live, you make mistakes, you learn, you more forward.

Is there covered pit areas at the WCPB club? I really hope this rain clears up a bit.

have a gazebo cover.pit area is the back of your car or truck,have a picnic table under the gazebo.can be used in moderation.

Hey guys,,, THE HAIR SALON IS COMPLETE !!!! So we are going to PropBusters for Sunday Morning.There will be a few gas guys as well as Sheldon and myself,anyone else up for it???? Whalley,boy? I could grab you on the way back through from grabbing Sheldon.

Wow thats great! I want to come out and see but I also got invited to a float fly on Allouette Lake for the same day.
    Hmm what to do? Might be a day of commuting all over to cover all my rc needs.
    I appreciate the offer for the ride, I will let you know if I need it.

I can't make it this weekend. I Pm'd you.
    Hope you guys have a good one!

So I am thinking this coming Sunday should be good for running. My DF should be good to go as well as the "new to me" rigger.

I'm going to be road tripping this weekend but I hope the weather is good for you guys. I have been spending a lot of time down at that firehall lake you mentioned before. Apparently it covers over with pond scum for most of the summer though so I don't think we will be doing much boating or float flying there much longer. Too bad, I am working on a fpv rig for the supervee and the plane.

I have an inflatable for the lake when we are together. Kinda big for just me. Yup the pond in Langley gets tight in summer but till it is really low you can walk to our capsized boat as most of the lake is waist deep. Except that southern portion in front of the pointWe should go out one evening bud. I just need some warning,a couple days.

Hi all, I notice there are no posts since last year. Does anyone know if the chilliwack club is still running? I live in langley and would love to meet up with some guys to enjoy the sport with. Let me know! I run gas and electric. Cheers! Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoncoroy View Post
    Hi all, I notice there are no posts since last year. Does anyone know if the chilliwack club is still running? I live in langley and would love to meet up with some guys to enjoy the sport with. Let me know! I run gas and electric. Cheers! Jason
    yes we are still here ,don't worry about membership fees or namba. we got rid of it ,not enough people ,just come out and run your boats.will send you a pm with my # to call me. thanks dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoncoroy View Post
    Be out this Sunday coming, the 29th

Oh darn, if I wasn't going to be out of town this weekend I would go too.

Welcome,I am over in White Rock and we have a good private lake in Chilliwack with a course and park by the lake access. I also run at a spot in Langley.Pitt Meadows is another.

Where abouts are you located?
    Where in Langley do you run your boat?

Quote Originally Posted by bayrackobama View Post
    Where in Langley do you run your boat?
    I was running at the lake behind the fireball at 204&32nd. But... I was there last week with the dogs and it has gotton some trail work and new signs stating 'No motorized vehicles'.
    So right now I am running at Albert Dyck Park by the Abbotsford airport.
    Shawn

I was running at the lake behind the fireball at 204&32nd. But... I was there last week with the dogs and it has gotton some trail work and new signs stating 'No motorized vehicles'.
    So right now I am running at Albert Dyck Park by the Abbotsford airport.
    Shawn
    Thanks shawn,

I'll be in the Langley area near the end of the month. I might bring my rc boat down with me if I have enough room in my vehicle. I got my friend into RC boating, he just traded his rc crawler for a revolt 30 so we may check out that park by abbotsford.

Quote Originally Posted by bayrackobama View Post
    Thanks shawn,

I'll be in the Langley area near the end of the month. I might bring my rc boat down with me if I have enough room in my vehicle. I got my friend into RC boating, he just traded his rc crawler for a revolt 30 so we may check out that park by abbotsford.
    Let me know if you can and I'll try to make it out to see ya. A little warning and I'll run with you.

Let me know if you can and I'll try to make it out to see ya. A little warning and I'll run with you.

I'll contact you through here or through private message. I just got my impulse 31 v2 and so far I'm loving it! here's a vid of it stock (not worried of breaking things since its covered under warranty)

I'm from Kelowna and I have some great areas to bring my boat around here. Just need to make a retrieval set up because the water is COLD.

Cool, I got to get up there, I owe Andy(AC Boats) a dinner. Maybe this next year as I just got a motorhome and maybe gas will stay fair for a bit.

Little Impulse moves well.

Cool, I got to get up there, I owe Andy(AC Boats) a dinner. Maybe this next year as I just got a motorhome and maybe gas will stay fair for a bit.

Little Impulse moves well.
    Thats running 6s on stock configuration. 80% throttle. Now I have it running 100% linear so the speed is noticeably faster. Sounds good, theres some amazing lakes around here. With the gas prices at their lowest in years you might as well buy as many jerry cans and fill them up haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12