Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any rc boaters in Vancouver bc?

Default Any rc boaters in Vancouver bc?

Just wondering if anyone in Vancouver area is on here and where do you run?

Welcome,I am over in White Rock and we have a good private lake in Chilliwack with a course and park by the lake access. I also run at a spot in Langley.Pitt Meadows is another.

Where abouts are you located?

Hey,
    What happened with the shackwave mod ?
    Also is there any good snow tubing up there ?

Quote Originally Posted by azorian View Post
    Just wondering if anyone in Vancouver area is on here and where do you run?
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Lenny,lots of snow here but we only let it fall on the mountains that surround us

hemlock 002.JPGhemlock 013.JPGhemlock 012.JPG

This is the hill up the valley called Hemlock

Hey Lenny, I mailed you but didn't get a reply? Hmm. I will double check, anyways I went ahead and went with a seaking 180 and the leopard 4092, running 2 x 2s batteries. Runs great. Now I have a few props coming from ose and will be trying them this weekend I hope. Seymore mountain has a good tube run I believe, where about are you?
    Lenny here is a vid of my brother and I last weekend. My girlfriend didn't really get any good vid of my boat but its on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LLz5wVf370

Di I mention that the Chilliwack site is a Gas boat Club as well as FE http://wcpbrcbc.shawwebspace.ca/

Hey guys I am new to FE boating. I live in North Surrey and I just acquired a Supervee last week. I'm looking around for locations to maiden and I came across the Prop Busters out in Chilliwack. It's really encouraging to see rc boat clubs out there that host events! After looking at their site this was the first time I have heard of Namba... ?! Is insurance really neccesary? I've been involved in rc planes for awhile now and paying the club fees and Maac fees so I can fly my jets responsibly is a little costly. What are the local regulations regarding throwing your boat into a pond at the public park? I was considering the idea of going to Surrey Lake in Green Timbers. There is another decent sized pond out by 24th and 180th. Chilliwack is a little far to go for some impromptu boating but if there was an event then it would definitely be worth the trip.
    Any other local boaters out there? Where do you go? Can I tag along because I need to learn how to do this.

Hello my friend,it is about time one of the local boyz showed some interest. First off, this is my first year with NAMBA but not with boats. Insurance is a good idea just in case you should hit a person or say,dog.I know it is slim chances but... I am on the board(if you can call it that) with Propbusters. And the NAMBA is necessary for that lake (native land) and we are working on a decent member fee.It would be nice to grow the club as well as facilities.
    As far as running in the parks,you are welcome to try.Get back to me on that one. My Slash and I have been kicked out of most of them including the Cloverdale Athletic Park(nice set of jumps there).
    I have been boating at 204th and 32nd behind the firehall but it soon will be Park too.For now it is good though. Let me know if you wanna go out there.Or want to ride with me to Chilli one Sunday.I am just in S Surrey.
    Where is this 24th and 180th pond?

Shawn

Wow those are some nice looking boats Shawn! Real Beauties! Sorry to hear you got the boot out of the Cloverdale park with your Slash. Actually I am really surprised because it is an electric and relatively quiet rc too. This is why I sold off all my nitro trucks and use only lipo rc's now, I had been chased out of ALL SORTS of places too.
    I think insurance is a good idea just like with my rc jets, much the same reasons. Mind you if I were on an unsanctioned pond and no one is around then I am sure Namba will be of no use. Is it their requirement to be on a sanctioned and approved waterway for the insurance to be effective? Thats the way Maac works anyways so I had to join a club to fly with insurance.
    Anyways, I was looking at your pond and looks a lot bigger than my pond. I was reffering to Latimer pond at 192nd and 28th which is just around the corner from your firehall location. I would like to get together and have a day of boating. If we get a dry day this coming weekend I would like to come to the firehall pond and have a go at this. You game?
    Btw, I got in touch with Dave from Propbusters too. I would like to come out to the Wack and see what thats all about too.

Im in Coquitlam and run at Lafarge Lake; I know there's a bylaw against it but it has great wheelchair access and I checked with City Hall and they said don't worry about it.
    You live, you make mistakes, you learn, you more forward.

Lets remember that that Bylaw sign went up there after the 70+mph passes with the Shocker Sheldon. I think it can be gotten away with as long as we aren't too fast or too many.
    We ran there years ago and got told it was fine as long as we had liability insurance. Namba covers this I am told and it does not have to be a sanctioned event.

Quote Originally Posted by whalleyb0y View Post
    I was reffering to Latimer pond at 192nd and 28th which is just around the corner from your firehall location. I would like to get together and have a day of boating. If we get a dry day this coming weekend I would like to come to the firehall pond and have a go at this. You game?
    Btw, I got in touch with Dave from Propbusters too. I would like to come out to the Wack and see what thats all about too.
    Haha,I used to live right across the street from Latimer,Not much water there once it warms up a bit.Weeds like crazy too.
    The Propbusters pond is "drive to side of lake" access and no one to bug you.We'll make a day of it one day and I'll go grab Sheldon,right bud?

I'd be perfectly fine with having to pay an annual fee and have some sort of membership card; the plane guys do it. I tend to stick with speeds under 70; but I'm always the only one there, and I respect the wildlife and fishermen and play at a distance.

And yes as long as I can get a ride and some assistance I can and would like to run a Propbusters; but in this hobby there are always people willing to help out. Even non-rcers; a nice passer-by got his kayak out after I flipped my boat. Great hobby, great people.
    You live, you make mistakes, you learn, you more forward.

Hey guys, I'm in North Van. Got back into RC at the beginning of last summer with a Slash, then soon after a Spartan. The collection has gotten much bigger since then. I run in the ocean a lot in the summer and the slash was good for that. Lately I have been over to Trout lake near Lakewood and 12th in Vancouver. I haven't ever looked into racing or anything at this point but it would be fun to run with other people sometime. Haven't run into anyone locally yet at all.

That Trout Lake was another place I thought about too. I had even considered taken my float plane there once. If Namba insurance covers us regardless of where we are then for $45 to give the public peace of mind is worth it! Would be nice to say "Hey, no need to worried about your dog. I'm insured"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365684272.509786.jpg

Oh ok, before my last comment gets taken out of context. This is just my lousy humor kicking in. What I mean to say is that I think the general public would be put more at ease and less likely to complain if we showed that we took the responsible steps of getting insurance. Showing due diligence is usually enough.

Quote Originally Posted by whalleyb0y View Post
    That Trout Lake was another place I thought about too. I had even considered taken my float plane there once. If Namba insurance covers us regardless of where we are then for $45 to give the public peace of mind is worth it! Would be nice to say "Hey, no need to worried about your dog. I'm insured"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365684272.509786.jpg
    I have run there(Trout Lake) a few times but only if I'm going out that way,I could maybe run Sunday at Albert Dyck Park in Abby or Chilliwack.
    The new GF lives in Abbotsford and will be there Sunday AM.Don't know if I can cruise back to Langley,I'll check the schedule.

Weather should be decent anyway.

So how do you guys feel about maybe meeting somewhere central like Deer Lake then initially?

That works for me. I am pretty flexible though. When is a good time for everyone? I guess I better start charging the packs then.

Oh,don't get carried away.I don't don't think I have any time till after this month. The GF has to get moved into the new hair salon(of which I have got volunteered for????).And that happens on the 27th. Just so you guys know.

And I've got another guy whom wants to get out with us.He has a little O/B http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fmS8YzcCNc
    Been out at Latimer
    Last edited by srislash; 04-13-2013 at 11:39 AM.

That little outboard goes pretty good and turns nicely.

I misunderstood and thought you were talking about this weekend. Haha, no worries anyways. With the weather looking lousy it may be just as well. I got a couple packs that I'm gonna charge up for the this weekend anyways. Depending on weather, I may burn them off in the boat or in the Habu. Have a good weekend^^

I got to maiden my Supervee today! The clouds parted and the sun came so I went to Deer Lake. I got it into the water and quickly found that my steering was reversed! Switched it real quick and gave it another go and the boat literally leaped out of the water and took off like a bat out of hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7irYOxnYN-E

Would you believe it though? I had loaded the discharged packs and left the charged ones at home. It was a short maiden and the lipo saver was tested alright! The lvc kicked in and I limped the boat back in before it quit 10 meters offshore. Luckily I had my boots on and was able to wade out there and retrieve it. I could have had a disaster if it died further out. I did pack my inflatable row boat but didn't need to blow it up. Once I got it back I noticed the motor was scorching hot. Was this because I had limped it in on low throttle?

I was up late last night tweaking and making adjustments to my boat. Today I took it to the hidden lake behind the firehall that was mentioned before.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365990502.957206.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365990515.008146.jpg

I was really loving this place as it was nice and quiet and wide wide open! I was really ripping it up good and the boat was running awesome after all the tweaks. I didn't pack the wrong batts today and I thought I might be able to see the duration of my lipo setup when my Supervee did a super flip. I stood hopelessly from the shoreline but a young fisherman had offered to cast his line out and try and snag it. Some other people had tried to coax their dogs into retrieving it but neither of these plans got my boat back. I was really getting worried that while it sits inverted it would take on too much water and sink. My 3 yr old son and I rushed back to the truck to get my inflatable dingy. 10 mins later I was out on the lake in my own boat to get my Supervee and back to shore safely. Next time I will show a little respect for this boat and not run it so aggressively! All in all it was a nice day to spend at this lovely little location!

Hello fellow FE boaters. Glad to have found some common interest in the Vancouver area. I'm hoping to get some interest going towards setting up fun race events further progressing into racing for points but we need to get in contact with one another and discuss what classes to run as there are many. Furthermore, im from Powell River and have been communting down to Granite Falls, WA to compete in their very well organized club races. The stricly FE club 'Pudget Sound FE Model Boat Club' are an awesome bunch of guys and they are in full support of helping me learn to run such events up here at 'Westcoast Propbusters Club'. I can't express enough how much fun, fellow commodary, and good times are had while involved in an organized club event. Joining a club like WCPB and NAMBA gives everyone a safe and approved location to have the most fun and draw more people into the hobby. Send me a PM with a contact number and lets have a chat. Id like to find out currently what you all are running for boats/classes and see where your interests lie.
    Jordan
    Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hey shawn what class of cats are those?

Quote Originally Posted by GixerGuy1978 View Post
    Hey shawn what class of cats are those?
    They would be P I think.I haven't had to pay much attention to rules as I have been running alone or with the few of the gas guys.
    Listen guys,I have a "yet to be built" Bling Rocket/Pursuit hull here and bought it to get some racing going.Nothing fancy but what are you guys running that would compete? 4s 1515 2200kv is what I thought for it but can go a different way if there is something we can do in common.
    That is if we would like to run together,and have fun. I know of a couple other local guys that have this hull too and could possibly be talked into coming out.

And BTW,Going to the Langley spot tonight for about 7:00

Hi guys this is dave from westcoast propbusters boat club out here in chilliwack,the club fee is $30.00 and namba is $45.00 for the year,
    we are on a nice big lake on the skway indian reserve ,all boats /boaters are welcome here,nitro, electric,gas ,sail,ect whatever you have
    bring it out.just make sure it has a muffler on it if it is gas or nitro ,have to stay in the db level.i know alot of local area's are being shut
    down,because of noise and disturbing the wildlife ect.and yes it is a drive depending where your coming from .but believe me when your
    here for the day it probably won't make any difference,we all help each other out ,from tuning to repairs to building ect,anyway check out
    the webpage and contact me if you need anymore info or shawn[srislash]
    westcoast propbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by GixerGuy1978 View Post
    Hello fellow FE boaters. Glad to have found some common interest in the Vancouver area. I'm hoping to get some interest going towards setting up fun race events further progressing into racing for points but we need to get in contact with one another and discuss what classes to run as there are many. Furthermore, im from Powell River and have been communting down to Granite Falls, WA to compete in their very well organized club races. The stricly FE club 'Pudget Sound FE Model Boat Club' are an awesome bunch of guys and they are in full support of helping me learn to run such events up here at 'Westcoast Propbusters Club'. I can't express enough how much fun, fellow commodary, and good times are had while involved in an organized club event. Joining a club like WCPB and NAMBA gives everyone a safe and approved location to have the most fun and draw more people into the hobby. Send me a PM with a contact number and lets have a chat. Id like to find out currently what you all are running for boats/classes and see where your interests lie.
    Jordan
    Looking forward to hearing from you!
    thanx for extra help as well jordan and shawn.

Gonna be up for some running First weekend of May Dave? Maybe I'll grab Sheldon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast