Thread: 1717 castle

Default 1717 castle

I just bought 1717 here used so he said 3 times but the bolts are rusted and and there is end play aboutless than 1/8th inch how do i fix that.im trying to get ahold of the guy with no luck yet i may go to paypal and request a refund not as described

Did you bench test it yet to see how it sounds ?
    The end play does not sound to far out for a used motor,
    I think he run in salt water to, But not sure on that.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

it runs fine but for 3 uses it should have no play at all

That much end play probably means the motor has been opened. If so, when it was put back together a spacer may have been left out. You may want to send it back to Castle for a once over.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

point is used 3 times so i bought it and its well used i would rather send it back just bought for a spare i have a new in box one

Usually after a few runs of my motors they get a tiny amount of play. Maybe 1/16 at most

Ok thanks

Mine had litle play from the box.
    Is was with 6mm shaft.

Send in the one you just got ( used with play) with the receipt from your NIB. Castle fixes problem solved

Or, if the bearings are fine laterally, just put a thrust bearing on it when you mount it in the boat to stop the endplay.

I will use a thrust bearing.thanks for all your input

I use clutch bell shims(for nitro cars) to take out some of the play in my motors when I rebuild them.

Quote Originally Posted by nitronuts View Post
    I just bought 1717 here used so he said 3 times but the bolts are rusted and and there is end play aboutless than 1/8th inch how do i fix that.im trying to get ahold of the guy with no luck yet i may go to paypal and request a refund not as described
    not good man, sorry to hear of these troubles specially from our swap shop
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

SirBudman32 told me when he rebuilt his 1515 it only came with two shims- one for each side. When I opened up a Leopard motor there were numerous shims on each side- it was custom fitted to be more precise.

What Im getting at is the Castle motors might just have more slop to them right from the factory. You could possibly measure the difference and cut your own brass tube shim to fit if you really wanted to.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

My 1717 came with quite a bit of end play new. About a .100". The assemblers in China are not always careful with the amount of shims that put add to the rotor on either side. Actually it is not such a bad thing as preplay on either end allows the rotor to center magnetically. So use a thrust washer and set the clearnance for several thou and you will be just fine.

As for the rust on the bolts. It only takes one trip with moisture to cause the cheaply plated bolts to rust. Use a little WD40 to coat them and they will be fine.

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

using a thrust bearing and it should work fine it runs good so i think all will be ok/thanks Guys