Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Impulse 31 v2 or Traxxas spartan

Canada is a long ways away for me to go to tune your boats.

Hahahahahhaaa you got class but no style . I just might let you tune my fish :)

IMGA0072.jpg

Impulse looking for clams , got to say its one tough boat pimped out with a 4092 :)
    Last edited by Savage Skidoo; 09-05-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: adding :)

Hey.
    4092 what kv and what S cell and esc ?
    Where the video and gps speed and what prop are you using ?
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

1480kv 6s t180 big prop works :)

Thats funny maybe you guys dont know how to set your cg just right , mine did 54 out if the box, radared with a gun and with gps in it. put a metal prop on and on the first run did 56.6 and batts all the way forward so 58 or more will be a piece of cake, 60 is my goal too, keepin it on the water vs the air is the prob . Spartan is a beast out of the box and have had no esc or motor probs, you just cant hold the dam thing wide open for 5 min and not expect tit to get hot. Just have to watch for blow overs. maybe you guys saying it impossible are talking about the nimh batts that come with it cuz with those are prob 40 or so, seems super slow when your used to the 6s lipos

Lets see a video. SVTCOBRA4U. I bet your mustang could beat my S65 too

Quote Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA4U View Post
    Thats funny maybe you guys dont know how to set your cg just right , mine did 54 out if the box, radared with a gun and with gps in it. put a metal prop on and on the first run did 56.6 and batts all the way forward so 58 or more will be a piece of cake, 60 is my goal too, keepin it on the water vs the air is the prob . Spartan is a beast out of the box and have had no esc or motor probs, you just cant hold the dam thing wide open for 5 min and not expect tit to get hot. Just have to watch for blow overs. maybe you guys saying it impossible are talking about the nimh batts that come with it cuz with those are prob 40 or so, seems super slow when your used to the 6s lipos
    The people in this thread think a Spartan cannot exceed 35mph. When someone like myself or you go quicker - they are dumb founded. I am going to the lake on Tuesday. I have been away for a week. I will video the run without interruption to the point to were the hatch is open to view the GPS. Funny how I am going through the same thing about an Atomik 58" I have. People on the thread say that it cannot do what I say it has done.
    Did you read one of the posts on this thread that my GPS is not accurate? You and I will never prove the speed unless we fly to there location or they come to us. The video is altered, the GPS is not accurate, the picture of the GPS could have been from another boat or from driving to the lake......................... I think it is denial, but who am I. I am not a doctor to determine a diagnosis.

Go to the traxxas forum if you want to educate boaters

No doubt there are spartans than can do 60. But i never seen one stock out of the box that didn't have chine walk etc... Show me a video of a spartan going 55 stock stock out of the box

Quote Originally Posted by Bduncan View Post
    Go to the traxxas forum if you want to educate boaters
    Are you throwing me out of here? No one is allowed to speak about the Spartan? I reread everything and I did not read anything about educating people about boats. Did I miss a post?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    a picture of a GPS is far from proof. Ive seen heavily modded Spartans that cant touch that speed.
    Not that I need to entertain you, but what proof would be needed? I send you the boat for you to try it? Other people from this forum were at the lake.
    I know if I post a video from the Tuesday, it will not be acceptable.
    The picture with the GPS has the stock ESC in it. If this was a modified boat, I don't think a stock ESC would be in there.

I know I dont know what the big deal is, it is what it is, IM gonna do a video too. Maybe its just denial like you said or jealousy. Which they dont have to be just go buy one, its not like we are saying we have some super secrect mix of parts and setup, dam. I think its also a lot of people buy hulls and experiment with all kinds of diff setups and combos and spend a bunch of money to hit 50, and it kills them someone can go to the store , throw batteries in the dam things and blow their super special setups away. Ya I dont have the pride of building it myself but oh well, I'll just enjoy making them eat my rooster tail.. haha. cant wait to see what it will do when I actually start tweaking it.

SVTCOBRA4U has his Spartan hitting the speeds he's claimed. As many of you know I'm not a Spartan fan, but he isn't lying about his speeds. Take that for what it is from me.

Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    SVTCOBRA4U has his Spartan hitting the speeds he's claimed. As many of you know I'm not a Spartan fan, but he isn't lying about his speeds. Take that for what it is from me.

Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk
    Yup, he was using my GPS in his boat and he is not lying.

Here is a video of the Spartan running at the lake on 9-18-13. I am sure I lost some mph due to the boat needing some adjustments. Remember that the boat is stock out of the box. I think it is called chime walking. We are hoping to go back out this Sunday, but there is a chance of rain. At the very end of the video, you will hear me say some foul language. The negative wire was hot, then noticed that the wire was only making contact because it was being held in place by the Traxxas connector. The wire was wedge inside the connector but loose. Unknown if this was reason for the low mph.
    Last edited by Finest Racing; 09-19-2013 at 11:03 PM.

I doesnt mattter what the gps says. The sound of the boat and the chine walk is enuf for proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduncan View Post
    I doesnt mattter what the gps says. The sound of the boat and the chine walk is enuf for proof.
    Thanks for the props, I have a personal goal to hit. I want to see 65 mph. I think that would be the max for the design and strength of the boat.

Um think about what i said. spartans boats run 55 when perfectly set up. Yours wasnt.

I think it would have been close to 55 if I made some adjustments. A few weeks ago I hit 58mph. I was impressed, we knew it was hauling when it went screaming by.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123