Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Impulse 31 v2 or Traxxas spartan

Quote Originally Posted by Bduncan View Post
    That's ludicrous. My revolt can do a 180 full throttle.
    I guess we will have to wait for the video. I guess you are correct and I am a liar.

Spartan faster yes. Quick sharp maneuvering no. Do me a favor wide open with spartan and turn as hard as you can then do the same w revolt.

Spartan faster yes. Quick sharp maneuvering no. Do me a favor wide open with spartan and turn as hard as you can then do the same w revolt.
    We did that today. Myself, my son and two other people from the forum were there. It was silent from all when my son did it - and then we all laughed. I am sure they will chime in to confirm. It turned on a dime and he stopped. The boat makes hard right turns.

GPS on The Spartan.jpg

Robbie At The Lake.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Finest Racing; 07-30-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Hey bud I'm happy for you and I'm not trying to ding you. A spartan is faster on 6s verses a revolt on 4s no doubt. But all thing remaining equal (set up correctly) a spartan doesn't out maneuver a revolt.

One video and one run doesn't make the case either

But I have to say a 7 year old running a 50mph boat is awesome.

Not the first time the Spartan surprised us. We were prepared for the worse when I bought the Spartan. A good deal came along that we could not refuse. I think if you see the video of us beating up on the boat, more then one run - you will understand what we are seeing. We cannot believe it. Especially from what we have read all over the boards. I do not work for Traxxas but am surprised with some of there products.
    My son will be out with the Atomic C1 58" this Sunday. Why are kids good with there hand and eye coordination - hand held games. I swear they are surgically attached to them.
    I don't see this as a dig towards me, just want to speak about my experience. I know a 6s will kick the heck out of the 4s Revolt. The Revolt is set up as a 4S.

I just recently picked up a revolt, I love it. All stock running a 4s single pack. It handles like a dream. While my genesis is faster in a straight line, the revolt destroys it in the handling department.

Put at 150 esc and run on 5s with 45mm prop

Get back to play'n Golf .

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    I just recently picked up a revolt, I love it. All stock running a 4s single pack. It handles like a dream. While my genesis is faster in a straight line, the revolt destroys it in the handling department.
    I have to agree , a fellow boater has a twin G , straight away awesome (visual and sounding) , He has modded the rudder with a thicker blade and dual inlets ......but still cant out maneuver :)

Even with one of savage skidoo's props. A spartan couldn't out maneuver my grandmother

I run 4s in my single river cat 32 inch hull and it will go way faster then a spartan on 6s lol

Quote Originally Posted by T3tsaya View Post
    I run 4s in my single river cat 32 inch hull and it will go way faster then a spartan on 6s lol
    It has? Or it should? Have you raced against a Spartan? Just curious. I clicked off 58+mph in choppy water. My Revolt and some other boats at the lake were not able to get over 55mph.

Haha. One of those boats is either moded or not set up correctly. Revolts and spartans are different animals. Like comparing formula one to nascar. Simiar speeds but very different characteristics
    My revolt on 5s with 180amp esc and a tuned 45 68 would barely do 55. But it could almost do a 180 full throttle. Done with toy boats now. On to df 35 with 1521 1yneu motor 240 hydra ice and a river cat with 1515 1y castle with one skidoos props. Kalenberg does some nice work.

Guys dont put a bunch of money in a spartan to try and go 60. They simply dont go 55
    Stock. Well maybe for a run. Trust me i had one and went down pain road. Get a fiberglass mono and get some good equipment if you want to run 6s

Savage skidoo claims he has a spartan with a mini turbine motor running jet A that runs 80-85. I would like to see that bad boy in action.

GPS on The Spartan.jpg
    This is what it did stock out of the box.
    You are correct about comparing a Revolt and Spartan. Why is it when I am on the lake with the custom builds, I am a shadow? I understand a custom boat will and should out perform a RTR/over the counter boat. We have quiet of few boats running.
    The Spartan is mine. I removed it from the box, installed 2 3s Traxxas batteries from my XO1 and that was it. I would like to install a prop to see how much more I can get out of it.

Well it looks like you got a winner. Keep running that boat on 6s and get back with me.

Riiiiight, bud. Just so happens that yours is well over 10 mph faster than everyone else's is right out of the box.

Maybe the gps is special and it does air speed not ground speed. I will have to get one and try in Mississippi river. We have about 15knots of current.

Your kidding. I show proof and you have doubt. The GPS was used in other boats and it was accurate. I will have a video soon. We are so busy running, no one has time to video. I will video next time out. The water was choppy this day too.

a picture of a GPS is far from proof. Ive seen heavily modded Spartans that cant touch that speed.

Ok, I guess a video of the boat running and then showing the GPS without interruption of the video. Then show the test results of the calibration of the GPS to show if it is accurate or plus or minus in mph. Oh, I have been estimating speed for over twenty years with my job and I estimated 56. I will post a more detailed and documented video.

Why are you guys being so hard on him so what if he got a well tuned spartan. Not going to lie I always or my father in laws spartan to handle very well and as for speed idk because I never gpsed it but it was pretty fast stock give him a break

Quote Originally Posted by T3tsaya View Post
    Why are you guys being so hard on him so what if he got a well tuned spartan. Not going to lie I always or my father in laws spartan to handle very well and as for speed idk because I never gpsed it but it was pretty fast stock give him a break
    Thanks for the back up. I am not loosing sleep over it. LOL The video will do the job. I feel like I am in the drag racing section of another forum with all the key board tuners. LOL

Savage skidoo claims he has a spartan with a mini turbine motor running jet A that runs 80-85. I would like to see that bad boy in action.
    Brandon , your a GREAT story teller , look out J.K. Rollings

buy pursuit with hard were will be cheper

Sorry my post regarding savage skidoo running jet A in his turbine powered spartan was inaccurate. He runs nat gas at 300 psi in this particular set up.

BDuncan get on the plane and come for a visit .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast