Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scott's ML GP335

Graphics are all done now. I'm pretty happy with it and I think it is a fitting tribute to Mark Webber in his final year of Formula 1.

I'll probably switch out the 1518 for my 1521 straight up and make do with the props I have. Can't wait!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Tapsall
    Pine Rivers Model Powerboat Club - Facebook Page
    My Gallery

Looks really good!
    great job!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Hopefully you don't have his luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Flynn View Post
    Hopefully you don't have his luck
    Webber has a habit of flipping cars, and I have a habit of flipping boats, so its a perfect match!
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

So, I've run this boat 3 times now, with mixed results. But today's testing showed some real performance! There's been ESC and centre of gravity issues, so I swapped the YGE out for an ICE 240. Seemed much better. Setup today was -
    • Ice 240 ESC
    • Neu 1521/1.5D motor
    • Entropy 5800 4S1P battery
    • OSE 5014350 3 Blade Magnalium 7075 propeller (50mm 3 blade)

Very happy with the performance. Even with a stiff breeze and some chop I was able to run the full course flat out There will be a video up in the next few days.

The CG issue required some surgery... Running 4S1P meant I could only get the battery so far forward, but probably not as far as I needed. **Note, this should not be an issue with Mike's V2 kits** So the CG was 2-1/2" behind the sponsons. I cut the bottom out of the boat and added a well for the battery that allows me to get it about 3/4" further forward. I also added 60g of stick-on lead to the sponsons (30g per side). Now the CG is under 2" from the sponsons, much better! The mod is complete, I just need to paint the underside white when I get the chance (it is sealed with epoxy).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Cool, thanks for sharing. There is a V2 265 & 335 coming my way soon. Is that motor mount strong enough for a 1521 with no tail ring for support? I guess it has to be if you are running it that way. No flex I guess??

Thanks.

You only run 1P in your area??
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray, the mount seems quite rigid, so I hadn't thought of adding any more support. I could add one of Steve's new clamps if I find it starts flexing - http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=ose-83005 My carbon fibre floor helps.

Yes, only 1P in our country. Well, actually our EA class is 4 cells, so you could run 2S2P or even 1S4P, but 4S1P is the obvious choice. Battery weight limit is 650g.

Cheers,
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Scott, what do you think of me running a 335 with a TP 4092-2200kv (from fightercat) ? I've used it for some time in my P-mono but, I have a 1521-1.5D to put back into the new P-mono. I just run smaller props like a M445 or M545.

I'd be running 4S2P.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray, I think that motor would definitely be worth a try! It's a bigg-ish boat, so I wouldn't want to go less than a 45mm prop. But if it worked OK in a P mono, it should be good in the GP335.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Thx!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Beautiful boat, it looks great inside and out. The attention to detail really makes a difference. It makes me want to build one!

Video is up, thanks Pete! Excuse the driving, I've been away from the game for a while and still sorting out the new ride. Serious potential there though!

Video title is wrong, it's definitely a ML GP335.

Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

That's just plain cool.

Sweet ride man. I'm jazzed!

Did anyone catch on to the sound in the background? The sound of a motorcycle race track. Sounds like a fair number of V-Twins out there like Duc's etc...

What prop and setup is that? 1521 1.5D and batts etc?? Oops sorry, just read it, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott T View Post
    Video is up, thanks Pete! Excuse the driving, I've been away from the game for a while and still sorting out the new ride. Serious potential there though!

Video title is wrong, it's definitely a ML GP335.

Nortavlag Bulc

Hi Ray.
    That sound you can hear is the sound of 4 stroke Go-Karts. The track is right next to our lake. Those guys are nuts.
    Good to see that Pete has fixed the title.

Paul.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123