Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott's ML GP335

John, that's a DPI Crackerbox. Fun little boat, but long since sold.
    Scott Tapsall
    Pine Rivers Model Powerboat Club - Facebook Page
    My Gallery

Looks great Scott! I actually like what you did the with the cowling. Hmm, I should pull a part and make the changes and make another mold with that scoop. Looks really slick! Mike Luszcz
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Looks great Scott! I actually like what you did the with the cowling. Hmm, I should pull a part and make the changes and make another mold with that scoop. Looks really slick! Mike Luszcz
    I'll take one when they're ready Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Glad you like it Mike.

Progress has been slow, lots of rain and jobs to do around the house. Anyway, hull has been sanded and primed, ready for some filler and a final sand/prime. Cowl needs a final sand then prime.

I've got Monday off work, so I'm hoping for some decent weather to complete the paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Woo Hoo!!
    Nearly there. Looking cool in white. What's the final colour going to be?
    Hope the weather clears on Monday for you.

Supurb Build Scott! I love it! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Finally some paint! Going to clear coat tomorrow. Windscreen will be a decal some kind, once I figure out a shape. She's going to be Red Bull themed.

Lots of surfaces on this boat make it look great (and hopefully handle great), but make masking a chore. I hate masking!
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Scott, what paint are you using?

The paint is just auto touch-up acrylic (Power Plus brand rattle cans) for the primer and colour coats. Today I hope to shoot the 2-pack clear using my touch up gun.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Clear coat is on, but didn't come out as nice as i'd hoped. Think I'm out of practice! Anyway, I'll wet sand, cut and buff the clear, it should be thick enough to manage that.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Test-fitting my decals. Will have "RED BULL" along the sides of the cowl, and my race number on there somewhere and other bits and pieces.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Looking good man!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Can't wait to see it go, it adds another cat amongst the pigeons.

Chris.

Totally agree Chris.
    Nice finish.

Progress has been slow, my wife had a baby boy about 7 weeks ago! Hopefully a future boater, but a little way off....

Wet sanding and buffing the clear didn't work, so I carefully wet sanded the clear and gave it a couple of new coats. The result is much better! Still far from perfect, but it is a race boat, so it's going to get run over at some stage anyway So now she's ready for final fit out and detailing.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

My god that looks awesome!! Love the color and the cowling mod!!!!

Sweeeet!!!

Will we see it at the lake this Sunday Scotty.

Thanks Guys. Will still be a while before it hits the water, but at least the painting is DONE!

Mike, feel free to adopt the cowling mod to your molds, who knows when I'll need a spare
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Scott, I am actually waiting on someone in cali to do me a new plug. Have not talked to him in a month or so. I need to get that cowling mod figured out soon, as I am not sure many know yet, but I am offering build services again on the GP hulls, tunnel hulls, and new kneeler hull, so I suspect things will ramp up quickly and that may be a great option for the boat! Talk soon, and keep us posted on your progress! Mike

Looks great Scott. Nice to know the club is getting a few MLB's racing.

Mike a beautiful timber rigger with mahogany sponsons would a great addition to line up I reckon.
    Andrew
    Find it + Buy it + Twin it + Run it = WOOHOO

Slow progress, but it's getting there!

Added some chrome striping that I cut out of a large chrome vinyl sheet. Also added some of the Red Bull decals, but I need some other vinyl to finish it off before adding the rest.

Bolted the rear hardware on and installed the RX switch. All very simple stuff. Inside, I cut a small vertical member out to fit my ESC (probably going to use my YGE Navy 155). Plenty of strength and stiffness without the small piece. I added a layer of carbon where the ECS goes for a bit of extra strength in case it ever gets a hit from underneath.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

I see you drilled out the OSE motor mount for air flow, I did the same on my PTSS LSH. Works well! Very nice work!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Looks better every day Scotty.
    Love the chrome touch.
    I'm happy to say that my GP310 kit arrived yesterday. Now for some more building fun.
    I've done your batteries & I'll have them at Boondall on Saturday or Lakeside on Sunday. Your choice.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

It's basically finished now, apart from final detailing and programming the esc, radio etc. Pity I won't be able to test for about 3 weeks Will initially test with a 1518/1.5D and and M445. Final motor will probably be a 1521/1.5D, but I don't have any suitable props ready for that motor.

I found it a bit difficult with the 4S1P pack (5800 mAh) to get the weight far enough forward. Balances around 1.75" behind the sponsons as shown. One nice aspect to the boat is you can hide the wiring and cooling lines behind the framework to neaten things up a bit.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Still need to add an extension for the RX switch to the RX pack.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

good job man!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

So Scotty. Will we see it on Sunday at the practice day?

I've decided that I'll need to invest in some 2s packs to get the weight forward in the GP310. A 4s just won't get far enough forward.

Cheers.
    Paul.

Thanks B55!

Paul, my lad's christening is this Sunday, so I'll miss this practice, but I hope to test it after the next race meeting. Probably a good idea going to 2 x 2S on the GP310, looking forward to seeing that one!
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Scott, the boat looks great. Because of the battery issues I figured people were having, I ended up adjusting the quarter round in all the V2 kits up to the front further so battery depth at the front is greatly increased. 1.75" cog is actually right were you will want to be. I am gonna PM you about that 1518 and propellers right now. Mike

Nice look ! :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast