Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott's ML GP335

Default Scott's ML GP335

I've been working on this kit for a while, it goes together very nicely, and the laser cutting is excellent. Since there's been multiple threads about how to build these, I'll just show the differences on mine, and the final rigging.

I put a battery tray in to give the cells a nice flat surface to mount to. It will be running a 4S1P 5800 mAh pack. Before mounting the tray, I added some carbon mat to stiffen up the floor a bit. The tray will also allow for velcro straps to hold down the battery more securely.

IMAG0455.jpgIMAG0454.jpgIMAG0460.jpg
    Scott Tapsall
    Pine Rivers Model Powerboat Club - Facebook Page
    My Gallery

I'll be using one of the newer GP cowls. It fits the hull very nicely. The cowl hasn't been fully trimmed at this stage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

I forgot to get a photo of the battery tray straight after installing it, but here it is now. It's a bit hard to see with it all being carbon, but hopefully it looks OK. The sponsons have been joined and the motor and stuffing tube added also.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

I've been checking these boats out myself. Is this a complete kit with the sheet wood?
    Looks like you've got a Neu in it. Which one?

Nice one Scott.
    It will be good to have another type of hull in the 4s class. I like the GP series.

I'm building up one of the GP400 kits for 6s EB class running. As you said, the laser cutting is excellent. The whole thing goes together like dream.

See you Sunday.
    Paul.

Boat is looking great Scott. Mine is really coming together and running well.

Unfortunately can't make it this Sunday.

Cheers
    Andrew
    Andrew
    Find it + Buy it + Twin it + Run it = WOOHOO

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    I've been checking these boats out myself. Is this a complete kit with the sheet wood?
    Looks like you've got a Neu in it. Which one?
    Yep, the kit comes with all frames, sheeting and batten sticks. Very complete. I'm going to start with the Neu 1518/1.5D (2300kV) and see how it goes. It was a powerhouse in my DF33. Another option is a 1521/1.5D.

Hey Paul, I'm sure yours will turn out excellent like the U95. Will have a chat about it on Sunday.

Andrew, your ML looks really nice. What set-up are you running?
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

I found a couple more pics of the battery tray and one of the completed hull with cowl.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scott T View Post
    Yep, the kit comes with all frames, sheeting and batten sticks. Very complete. I'm going to start with the Neu 1518/1.5D (2300kV) and see how it goes. It was a powerhouse in my DF33. Another option is a 1521/1.5D.

Hey Paul, I'm sure yours will turn out excellent like the U95. Will have a chat about it on Sunday.

sorry, and not jack your thread..... but...
    what prop did you use on your DF33 with the 1518 2300kv motor?
    thanks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Scott I am running a TP4050 2200kv in mine. Once I got the strut sorted the other day it was running much better ie. no more flips. I have a few of them ready for a twin 6s rigger using them. I think it will lunch a few. lol.
    Andrew
    Find it + Buy it + Twin it + Run it = WOOHOO

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    sorry, and not jack your thread..... but...
    what prop did you use on your DF33 with the 1518 2300kv motor?
    thanks
    No worries, I used a detongued X442 a lot of the time, the motor really screamed with that small-ish prop. It had no problems swinging an M445, but the boat was on the edge...

Andrew, good stuff those TP motors seem pretty good.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

What is a TP motor?

No worries, I used a detongued X442 a lot of the time, the motor really screamed with that small-ish prop. It had no problems swinging an M445, but the boat was on the edge...

Andrew, good stuff those TP motors seem pretty good.
    Thank you!
    now looking to find one of these 1518 2300kv motors
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Beautiful build.

It's too bad there are so many wusses in my part of Canada. They all opted out of P-sport hydro in favor of LSH. Oh well, my Whip 20 sits ready on the shelf for the day when FE racing in Southern Ontario makes a revival.

You know, for the $$ THIS MOTOR is worth trying to make a pop tart out of it...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    What is a TP motor?
    Check this out - http://www.tppower.com/sort.asp?class_id=4&news=20
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

awesome, and thanks for the link
    I have two of the 4060 motors (4092)
    a 2100kv and 2600kv
    2100kv in my PMono right now, and thought about trying the 2600kv in my P Sport Hydro

Ray......... you know I have a P-hydro so does Jack, you gotta get out of bed before noon, and showing up at 1-1:30p. Racing stars at 10:00a most are there by 9:30a. Jay.

Been up since 6am. Boats are still ready from last year.

If we had a pond that could handle P-sport that would be nice too and it might get me out of bed earlier. London is looking to get shut down as I said it would years ago and Boxwood will never allow the full potential of P-sport but, that said I may bring it out for a spin this year if we can co-ordinate it. Last couple times I was there at 8:30 and John doesn't show until 10am so don't keep up that old drill it's worn out.

I've got my health together now too

Who is Jack? What P-sport does he have?

Quote Originally Posted by jaike5 View Post
    Ray......... you know I have a P-hydro so does Jack, you gotta get out of bed before noon, and showing up at 1-1:30p. Racing stars at 10:00a most are there by 9:30a. Jay.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Scorpion is make in-runners now too. So far only meant for the European guys but, they are boat specific. Just waiting to see what bigger motors they dream up:

SCORPION

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    awesome, and thanks for the link
    I have two of the 4060 motors (4092)
    a 2100kv and 2600kv
    2100kv in my PMono right now, and thought about trying the 2600kv in my P Sport Hydro
    Nortavlag Bulc

Really nice work Scott. Keep those photos coming!
    Im confused..... no...wait...mabee im not?

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Been up since 6am. Boats are still ready from last year.

If we had a pond that could handle P-sport that would be nice too and it might get me out of bed earlier. London is looking to get shut down as I said it would years ago and Boxwood will never allow the full potential of P-sport but, that said I may bring it out for a spin this year if we can co-ordinate it. Last couple times I was there at 8:30 and John doesn't show until 10am so don't keep up that old drill it's worn out.

I've got my health together now too

Who is Jack? What P-sport does he have?
    Ray glad your up early to bad everything is a cube , unless you want to run on L. Ont. which I'm in for, but most of all glad to hear your health is better. Jay.

Sorry to spam the thread, email me.

Quote Originally Posted by jaike5 View Post
    Ray glad your up early to bad everything is a cube , unless you want to run on L. Ont. which I'm in for, but most of all glad to hear your health is better. Jay.
    Nortavlag Bulc

TP motors look pretty good...don't know of any suppliers in the U.S. though.
    How are they compared to the Leos?

I hear tp are slightly pricier than leos but better... Also heard leos copied tp's designs....

rcboatbitz ship worldwide and are an agent for tp motors.
    Im confused..... no...wait...mabee im not?

So the cowl was really nicely moulded, but the scoop was a bit large for my liking. So I did some re-modelling!

I filled in parts of it with spray foam to give it support. I wasn't too fussed about the quality of the foam because it is all coming out later. Once the foam was set I marked the height I wanted the scoop and took to it with a hacksaw! I hope Mike's not offended....

I also sloped the front face of the scoop back. The foam will be shaped how I want it, then glassed over. Once done, the foam will be removed from the inside and a small amount of glass laid inside to tie it all together.
    Last edited by Scott T; 02-25-2013 at 06:39 AM.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

I dig it!

Cowl is coming together now. I've done the glasswork and given it a rough fill&sand. Then I applied a coat of spray putty which shows up any pin holes and other imperfections. One side effect of angling the scoop back is that the cockpit becomes a bit longer. It's not perfect yet, but I'm liking the new look.
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Profile comparison with the cowl as supplied (ignore the vertical fins, I've decided against them).
    Scott Tapsall
    My Gallery

Dig the new profile..

What's that 1/10 scale Crackerbox on the shelf underneath?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast