Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IM31 Tortue Testing and results - Totally Refuting any claims that 6S won't work!

Quote Originally Posted by hobby_man View Post
    I got this boat again. Ran it last night. The flex drive was pressed into the stuffing tube ????? Really.
    Tossed it and used 1 from my revolt.
    Ran fine at 35 mph on 4s. Ran it on 6s . No way. Motor was 160 degrees after 2 minutes away
    What do you mean "flex drive was pressed into the stuffing tube"??

I'm curious as to what prop you were using in both cases?? The stock prop on 4S is only good for around 32-33mph actual speed...

When you were running on 6S, what type of driving were you doing?? If you were making lots of accelleration runs, then I'd expect the motor to get warm.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Darin I was wondering have you run the IM31 on 5S using a 2S and 3S pack? I'm hearing I can do this without a problem but I want to get a few more yeses on it before I give it a try I don't want to have another esc burn up on me.

i ran my stock impulse on a 3s and a 2s in series
    works perfect
    just be sure to use the same brand/specs and you will be fine

change the prop to a cnc or a carbon one ,don't use an unbalanced stock prop

Ok thanks I will wait till I can balance my stock prop. I have two G force eleite series 3S 40 C 5000MAH and two venom 2S 40 C 5000MAH batteries do u think I'd be ok using them together?

i would be carefull because they are not the same brand so the cells they are made off could be different and the cells in one pack can reach a lower voltage before the cells in the other pack
    under load

but you can try if you don't run them till the cut-off kicks in!

would run for a short period (max. 2 minutes) and check the voltage on each cell in each pack(with a cheap lipo checker)
    would stop running if any of the 5 cells is about 3.8 volts,you can't go wrong doing like that

Ok I do have two Gforce 2s but if there a very cheap battery I just want to make sure running packs this way isn't going to fry the ESC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12