Thread: f1 hull hook turn

Angry f1 hull hook turn

G"Day everyone my first post hope it makes sense. Have accadamy f1 with 12l brushless, x636 carbon prop runing 4s lipo. Goes like a cut snake and in straight line flogs up mates v27 problem is it hook turns realy, realy baddly. Do not have turn fins on it because I am not to sure wether to mount in tunnel or of the back. Any ideas would be great. PS if I could work how to post pics I would.

When you make a post, under the area where you have entered your question there is a "additional Options" section.

In that section, Click "Manage Attachments". A new window will pop and give you options to upload from your computer or upload from Internet.

Click the "browse" button and search for the picture on your computer.

Once its found click "open". The file name will now be there.

Click "Upload", wait a few seconds and you should see the file name under "Current Attachments ".

Click "Close this window" at the bottom.

You have now attached a photo. You just have to click the "Submit Reply" button. And your finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Default pic f1

Thanks for the IT lesson Steve. Any ideas on the hook turn problem.Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Too much weight forward?

Motor not trimmed back enough?

Sounds like it may be driving the front of the sponsons down into the water in the turns... Getting some weight back or tilting the motor back more may help to lift the nose some in the turns...

Not sure I've ever seen turn-fins on this style of boat...

Just guesses... I've never run a tunnel, but these are things to look for in this style of boat...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I have owned one of these and the MRP F1 also. There is suposed to be a turn fin foward on the inside of the right sponson.

Cool

This behavior is typical of many OPC boats. As they begin to turn they lose air pressure in the tunnel and drop the sponsons down onto the water. The inside sponson digs in and the boat spins. Adding turn fins won't cure the problem, they may make it worse. Having a long skeg on the outboard leg is required, I am not familiar with the Academy outboard unit and I don't know if it has a long skeg or not.

You can add a pair of tunnel ramps, these are the most common and proven method for stopping the hooking.

Thanks guy's, what are tunnel ramps ?