Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tamiya TT01 help choosing brushless

Looks real nice,
    Now get some video of that baby moving.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Thanks guys. Yes it's very fast, I had to swap out the crappy tamiya tires for some much better handling hpi tires. Huge difference in handling. I'll get a vid soonImageUploadedByTapatalk1362005188.097301.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362005206.147896.jpg
    The tacon motor with hobbywing esc work very well, and I added the sensor wire which made the throttle very smooth opposed to having speed increases in stages. Overall I'm happy with the car. I can see a few upgrades that will help this thing but for now I'm having fun

I run a ezrun 60A with 6T motor, geared for around 70mph in my TT-01, never gets close to that speed, but its alot of fun to drive, slap some drift tyres on it and there is more than enough torque to keep you sliding forever (until your packs are LVC). To get the gearing i run i have modified the motor mount, makes changing ratios a bit easier as you are not as limited on pinion choice.
    Cars and planes are for fun... Boats are for serious racing Bust Out Another Thousand

cool man, i actually just ordered the 3racing motor mount, i figure i can modify it by cutting a channel between the holes to allow any pinion size, but its plenty fast for now. any upgrades i should know about?

mine is pretty much stock other than replacing the bushings with bearings and an alloy center shaft, but it is really only used for drifting, if i was using it for grip i would be replacing the servo saver and steering linkages, they are really the only thing that i can think of that i would upgrade. I havnt broken anything on it yet, only replaced things through wear before they break as i am pedantic about things like that
    Cars and planes are for fun... Boats are for serious racing Bust Out Another Thousand

Quote Originally Posted by Heaving Earth View Post
    cool man, i actually just ordered the 3racing motor mount, i figure i can modify it by cutting a channel between the holes to allow any pinion size, but its plenty fast for now. any upgrades i should know about?
    I find the optional aluminum steering cranks really reduces free play, significantly improving accuracy for the front wheels, but Tamiya up grades are so expensive. Also there is a part missing in this picture, don't know if Tamiya is going cheap to keep prices low or it just doesn't show on the web, it is the "horizontal" link between these two, you have the same except in plastic.
    http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54058

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12