Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tamiya TT01 help choosing brushless

Default Tamiya TT01 help choosing brushless

So I bought one today, but I have no idea about cars really. I am looking at ezrun systems from hobbypartZ but I have no clue what I need. Is 35 amp speedo enough for 1/10 4wd car? I'm thinking 3000 kv. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Why dont you just go with a CC combo?
    ? WHAT RULES?

Well I could but I got no idea what to go for.

That and I'm trying to keep on a budget. My first car I don't need a 200 dollar brushless system

Its all about quality.................http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASTLE-CREAT...item337fcbfc5d
    ? WHAT RULES?

Yeah I gotcha. Honestly it's not a top of the line car. I was hoping for input on a more affordable system.

My first gas boat I built, I didnt spare no expense. I wanted a quality build not only for dependability, but for a better resale value when I am done with it. The first header and pipe combo I bought was a QD hotpipe for $185
    ? WHAT RULES?

A good quality boat hull for gas is running around $400-$500. Thats without hardware or shipping costs
    ? WHAT RULES?

If your not on a tight budget, I suggest a quality setup. It will pay off in the long run IMO
    ? WHAT RULES?

I wouldn't call my budget tight, but that's a bit more than I want to spend. Why do I have to get the best? Can I not get something mid range?
    Anyhow, I still need to know what kv and esc amp rating is good for this car

Are you gonna race it or are you gonna just sport run it?
    ? WHAT RULES?

Just bashing around my neighborhood

If you want the better info on it, go here...................http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/
    ? WHAT RULES?

If your just gonna bash it, go with a brushed setup. Cheap and efficient.
    ? WHAT RULES?

Ok thanks man

I had a EZ-Run with a 60 A ESC installed on a 1/10 Kyosho Buggy, I really liked how the system performed. Stays cool and alot of torque.That was two years ago and they were selling for $80.00 then ( whole system with the program box which you can use for Seaking ESC) http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-6219634..._2251_68019234. here is the site: http://www.hobbypartz.com/car.html
    But it's been out of stock for sometime, maybe someone can suggest another vendor?

I'm mostly trying to figure what amperage esc is needed for 1/10 car. I mean is 60 amp really necessary?

You are absolutely right, for the TT-01R you won't need 60 Amp ESC, but for me at that time it was a combo deal plus I use it in Kyosho's Ultima SC Buggy, which is a lot heavier than your on-roadcar.
    I just wanted to give a user's first hand report for Hobbywing's EZ-run series.

Thanks for the info man. Just gotta decide which one I want.

Id have a look at the turnigy trackstar 120A turbo esc or the 80a turbo esc, cheap and very cool bit of gear, just gotta wait for the program card to come back into stock, Id say worth the wait for a $30-40 esc. depending on what your going to do with the car Id recommend between a 10.5t and a 5.5t motor on 2s. for around $60bux u can have a 500w system in that thing which will be pretty bloody fast man!!! thats what Im putting in my tamiya M06 chassis rx7.

Thanks tristan, I have been looking at 9-10 turn motors. Just saw some really affordable esc at hobby king too. Have to look thru some more stuff I suppose.

Ive got a 4 pole 9 turn truggy motor in my 1/10th HSP buggy that I drag race on the street, it does about 100km/h and frys the tyres the whole way there. its great fun and all cheap gear, but it is on the edge with tall gears and 3s in it, the motor runs around the 85deg mark so i wouldnt recommend the exact same setup as we cant believe its still working, let alone unbeaten!

The hobbyking stuff is ok, just try and run it under spec and it should last well.
    Defo check this ESC out, I cant wait to get one, the genuine hobbywing version is awesome!!
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=22402

Well I picked up a hobbywing xerun 60 amp ver 2.1 esc. It's nice cause it supports sensored and sensorless motors, so I can choose from more motors. Also I can use my program card for my boat escs I believe just need to print out a car faceplate for the program box. So now I'm looking at tacon or hobbywing motors.

Ok so I got a tacon 8.5t sensored motor for 36 bux. The reviews are good, so I feel overall I did well. Esc and motor for 120, chassis kit 144, m3 body shell 41. We'll see how my budget electronics do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous_Toys View Post
    Why dont you just go with a CC combo?
    I like that idea , all my OFF-ROADs have CC combo'Z with out compromise !

That's fine if you got plenty of dough to piss thru. I'm not even sure I'll love cars as much as boats. Can always upgrade later on....
    I guess some members don't understand that others don't have all kinds of money to throw into Rc.
    I run castle and Neu in my boats tho...

Cheers bud i know ....I went through the off road stuff LOL finding out i like BOAT's MOOOOOORE . Now i feel like a rc hoarder ......Help !

Ha yeah It's funny cause either people ar completely addicted to boats or have zero interest. There doesn't seem to be an in between

Here are pics of the completed car.
    Unfortunately neither the tacon motor nor the hobbywing esc came with the sensor cable, so it's a bit hard to control as the throttle isn't smooth, it seems to jump in stages. I couldn't find a cable on hobbypartZ website anywhere....
    I painted the roof to look like carbon fiber
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361672461.195730.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361672480.759258.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361672500.875684.jpg

Really like the body work, roof looks cool. Neat arrangement for the motor and ESC, first time seen 5.5 bullet on a car. One thing for sure, you are a boat guy at heart.
    Don't know if one of these will fit your system.http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...wire&search=Go
    BTW, really those two caps, did you install them? looks way cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast