Thread: Dollar Shave Club

Default Dollar Shave Club

Anyone else catch their commercial?

Anyone else give them a try?

http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/i...dnv/s/tx/cx/1/

I decided to give this a go. The commercial was rather engaging and to be quite frank, I think its insane how much the razor refills cost. I signed up for $6/month option which is a 4 blade deal.

I placed my order Thursday mid day and had the shaver Saturday... First impression, looks excellent. Handle is of good quality and blades look rather nice.

I decided to give this a side by side test with my normal razor (I have been using a Schick 3 blade deal). Not only did a get a closer shave I didnt get any nicks! My Schick I had multiple nicks and the shave wasnt as close.

So $6 out the door for (4) razor refills a month. That is $1.50 a week versus $2.50+ on the other I used.

If you click my link above and sign up I get a free month. This is not the basis of this thread, nor is it meant to spam. I am just impressed with what I got and what was paid. I also think its a novel idea and that commercial is just funny stuff.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

Funny ad ... but I use an electric shaver.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I used them for a few months. The razors are ok, I tried the 4X and the Executive. I shave my entire head every other day. I found that it was taking a lot longer to get a close shave and the blades did not last as long.... disappointing because I hate paying for the Gillette.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

I use the electric shaver too, actually I have to use it first since my skin is so sensitive.

Knowing I have a new blade each week I will probably use it at least 2-3x's a week now. Before I only did it once.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

love the commercial !
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

That is hilarious!!
    But like his handsom a$$ grandfather I use one blade....and don't have Polio :)
    (OK, two if you count the other side of the head)
    This is NOT a toy?!?

I just stopped shaving. My skin hates if I shave often,break out like a teenage boy. I shave about once every three weeks. Only use a razor for special occasions

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    I just stopped shaving. My skin hates if I shave often,break out like a teenage boy. I shave about once every three weeks. Only use a razor for special occasions
    3 weeks ?
    Crap, I survive 2 months !
    ( yes, that is a scar )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Gotta love honest advertising.
    Nice prison shot doc... i bet bubba really misses his cellmate... :-)
    Im confused..... no...wait...mabee im not?

Yup, Bubba squealed like a little girl when he heard you was leavn , Richie....... he sure gunna miss ya hugs and cuddles ................ :P

That pic taken the day I escaped from a government institution after 5 months stay.. a public hospital..1998
    Prison may have been kinder.....

Quote Originally Posted by Richie the shipwright View Post
    Gotta love honest advertising.
    Nice prison shot doc... i bet bubba really misses his cellmate... :-)

I hear the mental hospital is still looking for you...and you....and you.... Those strait jackets are an absolute beeech to get off mate. :-)
    Im confused..... no...wait...mabee im not?