Thread: SV27 rudder and stinger fitment problem on another hull

Default SV27 rudder and stinger fitment problem on another hull

Im trying to fit this SV27 setup on an old Force22 hull(ABS plastic).The hull is setup with 3/16" stuffing tube in order to run a .98 flex with Teflon tubing and the stuffing tube is really very well epoxied into the hull so removing it would probably crack/break the hull.The SV27 is built to run its 1/4" stuffing tube all the way thru the stinger,something I didn't know until now.My idea is/was to "just" run a .130 flex thru the 3/16" stuffing tube.
    So can I just run the .130 on the 3/16" till the transom end,and then fit the stinger with 1/4" tubing in order to fit the bushing?...would it work?....I don't think so but has to ask here for opinions....thanks.

That's what I did on my SV, Cut the stuffing tube and used the remaining piece inside the strut with a dab of RTV to hold it in place.
    Works great, way better than the stock setup, you can actually accurately adjust the stinger.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    That's what I did on my SV, Cut the stuffing tube and used the remaining piece inside the strut with a dab of RTV to hold it in place.
    Works great, way better than the stock setup, you can actually accurately adjust the stinger.
    The thing is i have a different size flex and different inside the hull stuffing tube.Does by any chance you have any pics??

No pics, you couldn't see much anyway, the length of brass is completely hidden inside the stinger and cut flush with the transom, could you telescope a couple pieces inside one another to make up the difference to the diameter you need? Won't make any difference inside the stinger.
    7/32 fits inside 1/4 and 3/16 fits inside the 7/32.......
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

No pics, you couldn't see much anyway, the length of brass is completely hidden inside the stinger and cut flush with the transom, could you telescope a couple pieces inside one another to make up the difference to the diameter you need? Won't make any difference inside the stinger.
    Gonna try as soon i get home later in the week.Thanks!!

or you could try heating the stuffing tube with a solder pen and it will soften the epoxy enough to pull it with pliers and the just re drill and epoxy the new one

Do you have any pics of your force 22?
    I also have one I got on here and and was wondering if its the same.
    I reinforced the hull and deck with fg and its quite strong now but the deck never fit right so I am modding to fit and soon will be adding hardware ect,
    what motor are you going to run?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    or you could try heating the stuffing tube with a solder pen and it will soften the epoxy enough to pull it with pliers and the just re drill and epoxy the new one
    Thanks Alex,going to try that later in the week,but gotta be very careful as hull is an ABS plastic one!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-UNIT View Post
    I reinforced the hull and deck with fg and its quite strong now but the deck never fit right so I am modding to fit and soon will be adding hardware ect,
    Hi,I`ve been running it with a big SS Cordite 700 brushed motor with a 212D Astro esc. Olskool stuff that I had, but let me tell you it rips the water with twin Nimhs 8.4V packs,if not 2 7.4 lipos will do also.But the .98 flex gave up,it was just a matter of time.....lol.Too much torque!!..that's why im upgrading to SV27 hardware.Here are some old pics from about 3 yrs ago when I first got it.I even think the decals were original but I peeled them off.force22-1.JPGforce22-2.JPG

You know what,i even think I remember posting on your "now" Force 22 back when they were selling it.I was very tempted on getting it also,i love this old scale looking boats a lot.

Yup, thats the same one I got.
    I guess I'll be setting it up to run a .150 flex and a 1900kv motor I have, just need to get a stinger set up I guess the sv stinger will work, what do you think?

Yup, thats the same one I got.
    I guess I'll be setting it up to run a .150 flex and a 1900kv motor I have, just need to get a stinger set up I guess the sv stinger will work, what do you think?
    Ive been using the SV27 rudder with good performance so far, so adding the stinger should be a nice addition.If you compare both hulls they are very similar.
    The stock SV27 flex is .150 so make sure to go with 1/4" stuffing tube if you wanna run Teflon liner in it.If you just wanna run the Flex with no liner then go with 7/32" stuffing tube.

on the SV27 stock setup,does it runs a Teflon liner? and if so,does the liner extends past the transom into the stinger?.....

Thanks for the above suggestion,i was also planning already on fitting stuffing tubes into stuffing tubes to see if I can get away with it.If not going to try melting down the epoxy like Alex says,but im afraid of melting/softening the rear hull area....

Thanks Karfrik thats what I'll do,.150 flex w/o liner so use a 7/32 tube, sounds good.

Al i run a bby 21" vee hull on ul1 esc and motor with a x442 or x642 and a .125x4mm flex(from a king of shaves) and it handles the torque and runs crazt fast, I also used to run the .098 flex and it didnt last long under any kind of brushless power (velineon 3500KV)

WEll,used 3/16" tubing into 7/32" into 1/4" on the stinger section only,keeping the 3/16" inside the hull with no liner and the .130 flex.Thanks God I had all of them in my parts stash,Seems like a nice fit......Even soldered a bit all the tubing together.....