Thread: Cooper Tyres

Default Cooper Tyres

Hello Guys,

I don't know about Cooper tyres. So i want to know about these tyres.
    One of my friend told me that these tyres are good. But i am confused.
    Please let me know these tyres are good or not.
    Last edited by sunexim; 01-18-2014 at 06:26 AM.

I have 17x75x265 coopers on my 4wd.
    I dont drive gentle.
    These now have 109 000 miles and still ~15 000 to go before under 1/8 th tread.
    : thumbup:
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Come on guys, the OP is asking us for help in deciding to buy Cooper tires or not. Insulting him is not very helpful, I'm surprised the mods haven't closed this thread. Yes, the OP is perhaps a bit odd, but he has stuck around to become a part of this community.

Sunexim - go here and read the reviews of Cooper tires by actual users. You can choose the exact tire you need and see what others thought about it.

http://www.discounttire.com/storeRev...15&rbqs.cs=225

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Ok ok cooper tires are decent. Stay away from toyo tires, they wear very quickly

Fair enough... Cooper tyres are longwearing and great value for money due to extra deep tread blocks. They have excellent grip offroad, and roadnoise is quieter than most other 4wd tyres on asphalt. Dont know about your tyreshop but they are pretty well priced here in australia.
    However, they really do smell bad when on fire. I personally prefer kumho or yokohama tyres. (and tyresmoke)
    Im confused..... no...wait...mabee im not?

You should join a car forum of some type, probably get better answers than the off topic section of an rc boat forum, I'm also on a great forum all about the old yamaha 2 stroke street bikes and a rat rod forum, that's what I do for answers about rd's and old car stuff.
    I know for a fact that there are probably at least a million threads about tires on the car forums, some of the better boards even have manufacturer reps answering questions.
    The big stupid Coopers my 3/4 ton came with were good off road but noisy on pavement, very soft compound that wore quickly when the majority of your driving is on road with a load. They were not really road tires for a normal person, couldn't even reach over the side into the box! Got rid of them with the rims and the 2" lift kit, put stock steel rims on it with all season goodyears in the stock size, cheap no name snows for the winter.
    Can't remember the model was about 10 years ago. STill have the truck, almost 500,000 Km on it now and still running strong. Good old Chev 350 TBI, almost as simple as a carb. Replaced the dual exhaust last summer with a pair of Cherry Bombs and better breathing cats! Neighbors love me at 6am!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

I have Cooper CS 4 Touring on my '06 Town and Country minivan and they perform very well especially when the roads are covered in wet sloppy snow. In moderately deep snow I have no problem....I was pushing it a bit though. They are very good tires for the money. You can definitely spend big money on others such as Hankook but they also don't have long wear life.