Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trophy Race in District 1??????

Randolf, NJ
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

yes or right down the road, we have 2 lakesites randolph park is our regular FE lake but a mile or 2 down the road is another lake that we race gas and nitro at that would be a better site for a big race.
    We call ourselves the "Q"

would sept 27,28,29 be any better???

Hey Mike, I from Sayreville, not a member but would be willing to help out at the event!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Quote Originally Posted by Eodman View Post
    Hey Mike, I from Sayreville, not a member but would be willing to help out at the event!
    That right there is a good man...I don't care what anybody says....

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Stop you are going to screw up my rep! My head is getting larger!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

lol will take all the help we can get!!!!!!

My GF is thinking she wants to do a road trip in Sept. She doesn't mind the traveling in her truck (my car won't take it) and she loves being at the gig itself.

We would like to get to the MI. cup too. I miss those guys... and gals.... That's the thing I noticed more about friends from below the 49th... They have their families involved a little more than up here and that's always an awesome atmosphere!

Wish us luck and maybe we will see you there!
    Nortavlag Bulc

C'mon down Ray loved to see you! Well maybe the girl friend more but tell her that!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

We will try our best. I really want to get out of Canada for a road trip. I love the different stuff just south of the border. The people are pretty darn nice too!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Shoot - you can't be talking about me then!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Sounds good Mad mike, you could make it interesting and do shootout format for some classes.........

OK guys with the nats and Mi Cup I totally let this slip by, but here is what I'm proposing and looking for. It will be a 2 day racing event and 1 day open water, Fri sat sun sept 27,28,29 open water friday. here are the classees I'm thinking of running:
    SATURDAY:
    N1 mono
    N2 Hydro
    P-Hydro
    P-lim mono
    P-mono
    1/8 scale
    Q-sport

SUNDAY:
    LSO
    LSH
    Open offshre
    Open Mono (FE GAS NITRO)
    Open Hydro (same)
    Open Cat (same)

I need an idea of how many people are willing to attend from out of town so I can arrange hotel and talk to the town about trailers camping etc....

The race will be held at Horseshoe Lake in Succasunna Nj 07876 there is plenty pit space and a nice big lake, stores, shops, restaurants, hotels are 3-5 minutes away. let me know what you think we are awaiting town approval, hopefully this week.

Oh there will be 3 rounds on each day if turnout is light we might go to 4 but I was just checking the calander and sunset is at 6;45 so we need to be done racing by 5-5:30 and start at 8:30.

Mikey, I've got to check the schedule but that may be doable for me and my son. I like the open classes!! To tell you the truth I like all the classes. Just curious. Why split the classes in two over the weekend? Running them all together gives you more time to charge batteries and work on boats between heats. You should be able to get four rounds in no problem. We run about 18 classes, start around 8:30am and wrap up around 5pm on Saturday getting two and a half rounds in. Then on Sunday we're done by early afternoon so everyone who travels can get home at a reasonable hour.

well Mike, there are some guys that will run a lot of classes (me usually but I wont at a race that I'm hosting)so if they are split in 2 days they can race 3-4 on sat 3 or so on sunday and they can be a little more relaxed. But with all the P classes most guys wont have enuf batteries to race what they want unless we split the days, especially guys like me and chris costanza that each race 2-3 p classes and my 2 kids and his 2 kids also race 2 P classes!!! thats 8 sets of 4s batteries a round. I'll look into it, I also want to have the open classes on suday because that opens up more racing for our gas and nitro guys here in D-1 they can come out on sunday and race classes 3 times instead of coming for 2 days and just running twice a day.

Should be good for that.
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Also mike lookin at the time, if there is 18 heats, bare minimum 10 minutes for each heat, that makes for 3 hours per round thats 9 hours, with a good push we will start by 9 (we all want to get goin early but it never happens!!!) thats 9 hours for 3 rounds that puts us at a 6pm finish without a lunch break and then people packing up after and sunset is 6:45 (remember its late sept the days get shorter) with the less classes per day looking at maybe 10-12 fites per round that gives us a little more time for any inherint problems. Now looking at what I've put in the schedule I might swap LSH an LSO on sunday for Plim mono and scale. LSH and LSO are higher attended classes, we will get done earlier on Sunday. if i swap those classes.

No P Lim. Tunnel??
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

I will call it "WAR AT THE SHORE"!!!! even though it's not at the jersey shore it sounds great!!!!

Duplicate post....
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

we actually have NO opc's in our district or club and noone runs them, If we get the race done and approved I will put it on the signup, because I know the p-lim classes are always good buit for example we had only 3 opc's at the Nats.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    well Mike, there are some guys that will run a lot of classes (me usually but I wont at a race that I'm hosting)so if they are split in 2 days they can race 3-4 on sat 3 or so on sunday and they can be a little more relaxed. But with all the P classes most guys wont have enuf batteries to race what they want unless we split the days, especially guys like me and chris costanza that each race 2-3 p classes and my 2 kids and his 2 kids also race 2 P classes!!! thats 8 sets of 4s batteries a round. I'll look into it, I also want to have the open classes on suday because that opens up more racing for our gas and nitro guys here in D-1 they can come out on sunday and race classes 3 times instead of coming for 2 days and just running twice a day.
    Okay Mike, Sounds good. You know what suits your club members the best so what ever gets most amount of people racing. I'll work on a kitchen pass. I've got a P-Mono, P-Hydro, P-Lim Hydro, P-Lim Sport Hydro, Two P-Lim Tunnels a gas rigger and gas mono. We'll adapt to whatever classes you choose to run. Now the important question.. Is there a good Italian Bakery close to the pond?? LOL

No not there BUT......... I own a business in the Bronx 3 blocks from Arthur ave!!!!!! The "REAL" Little Italy!!!! whatever you need my brother!!!! HMMM I didn't even think of P-lim hydro?? we don't even consider it in our club the guys just run P?

Where I live, Costco is considered a good bakery. LMOA I'd kill for some good Italian Bread and Sfogliatelle. I was born in Bethpage and we moved to DC when I was little but we still have family on Long Island.

Like I said, we'll adapt on the entries. If you don't offer a P-Limited class we can run the Limited boat in P-Hydro. We don't have to have a fast boat in all the classes to have a good time. Would just like to meet some of the guys up north. Doug Jr. was nice enough to come to one of our IMPBA D12 races last year.

I'm in! How about p spec cat?

If Chilli and his son John are going to attend, that's two P-Lim. tunnels + mine will make three...who knows, there may be others....

I am thinking I may attend....just won't have much to run on Sunday unless I run my P- Mono in open Mono....

I have a P-Lim. Tunnel, a P-Lim. Hydro and a P-Mono...

- Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Howard I was thinkin running p-spec Mono/Cat? they run together in offshore why not in sprint? I'll prob throw in P-lim Hydro on sunday, and look at OPC too, but this is all speculation now we need to get the approval from the parks dept there. We run and race there all the time but we have never asked for a 2 or 3 day pass? I would like to not run N1 or N2 hydro but these are 2 big classes in our district.

Our biggest problem with adding classes is the daylight issue, sunset is 6;45 so 6;00 racing would be pushing it, and it might be cold too the end of september. I wanna try and make people happy and get some out of town racers interested in coming here. Also this would be a good look at throwing a Nats here maybe in '15.

Oh also if anyone is interested in N1 mono we still use 27T brushed motors, if you are interested in running this class and don't have one I will provide a motor and speed control for you. N1 is usually just kids in our district 15 and younger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast