Thread: It's killing me---let's settle which version of Seaking 180a ESC this is

Default It's killing me---let's settle which version of Seaking 180a ESC this is

There is a F/S thread regarding said ESC, to the best of my memory the so-called V2 has three caps, then they added four additional caps connected by two thin wires and that is the current version, guess you can call it V3.
    There is a picture there shows a so-called Kintec V2 which has five big caps, I have yet to see a production version like this.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...***Like-New***
    I am Not trying to stir things up and don't want to hyjack that thread, I love these ESCs but I want to know if I have been WRONG all this time!

The ''so called Kintec V2" is just that!! Production version or not,thats what it was labeled and not by me!! That esc came from Kintec installed on the Pursuit he sold about a year and a half ago. Anyone else have a Kintec Pursuit from this time period?

Tim.i found another pic of one of these esc's from Kintec.Forum member Kola sold one a while back that had one. I think Lenny bought that setup.Type in Pursuit in the search field,its on page two.

I would guess its a V-2.

In the end does the extra tiny V3 caps make a selling point difference? Not really, they are a joke anyhow.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

I have a Pursuit that I bought in the swap shop and it has the 180a with 5 caps on it,
    And the original owner bought it new from kintec.

DSCN2946.JPGDSCN2948.JPGDSCN2950.JPG

And this Pursuit has two big caps.

various_004.jpg
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Thanks Lenny!Tim i noticed on my esc and Lenny's that they are labeled 180A-R.Does the esc you have,have the -R. Maybe this is the James Bond model? LOL!!

the v2 only had 3 caps. It was the next gen that had 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    the v2 only had 3 caps. It was the next gen that had 5.
    So the esc i have is a V2 next generation? Cause the V3 has 7 caps total.

Anyone ever think Kintect just added two caps? Those arent some super secret caps, I can order them off digikey no issue...
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

I've never owned one with 7 caps and never seen one in person. Prob a kintec mod. The v3 has 5 caps.

Mine has 7 caps

does the current version at OSE have 7?

The latest type OSE sells is listed as version 3 that has the added cap bank ie 3 large caps + 4 smaller separate, this is also the same ones that HK sell as i have 5 of these v3 type.

005.jpg

This is the OSE and Kintec V3. If Jan does mod his own products to make them better,then more power to Kintec!!! Thats business!!

LOL. There was a version with caps mated to the board ON the esc. That one has a cap bank. I see the confusion now...

002.jpg
    Like this one? This is the Kintec V2.

YUp. However, that isnt the ACTUAL v2 Seaking/Turnigy 180. The v2 still only had 3 caps.

Interesting Rumdog! Then this has to be a Kintec mod,Nice!! Thanks for clarifying!

example in an old sale thread: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ing+180+recall

there is an old Seaking 180 recall thread around. Cant seem to find it though.

I think mine was modded by kintec with the two added caps,
    And white water proofing silicone around the body of it to.

stands 011.jpgstands 014.jpgstands 010.jpg
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

I think we should call our version the 2.5 lenny!! lol

Thanks everyone!
    I guess I was jealous! lol... I liked the 5 big caps, I agree with Basstronics that the four little ones does very little to help. Better than nothing but I prefer to solder the cap banks from OSE on my ESCs any how.
    @ h2o 1, no mine don't have that lable, none of them had. Maybe Kintec had a different batch? And, if he spent the time to mod them, he deserves a big !

I have one that I got from Ben at FC Racing over a year ago when he was there. It was a returned one that the guy Bit---d about and Ben
    sent it to me. It is still in my DF33 and going strong. there was nothing wrong with it at all. Anyways, the thing that gets me
    about those 5 caps is that (if memory serves) they are mounted in series-parallel and not all in parallel. Wonder why they did that?

Makes one want to say hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,, LOL

Never had a prob with the original that had only 3 caps myself.. Run decent cells, no need for more caps.