Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Livewire's EKOS Build

It's a fighter cat outrunner and I do need to get a gps

You don't have to get one, but it does take all of the guess work out. If you think it close to 60mph and and the temps are stable, then just leave it as is. Once you start trying to get to 70mph the margin for error goes up.

Yea I need to temp I hear that outrunners are usually warmer then most around the 150 to 160 range right now

I see I have much work to do on my 41" Fantasm. I still have questions of the CF laminating but, in time...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Looks like a good build live wire, and ray, get that fantasim done!! Slap in the laminate, realize how easy it is and the next build will be even better!!

Got the CF, MAAS epoxy. I'm just a scared to do it cause it's so big!! I've done the inside of my Geico but, too much epoxy & weight...

It'll get there... need that other stuff to get it done right. I haven't bought 3M spray adhesive and the other stuff I bought seemed to make the CF stiff and unworkable????? I wish I could go without the spray glue..
    Nortavlag Bulc

Sometimes just some scotch tape on the edge will keep from fraying, like 1/8", can use a sewing machine too, I like that method if I'm using cf to cover some tight corners. If you are using spray adhesive it will potentially not allow it to bend like you say. Every application different, just think ahead like you are and the epoxy isn't what adds the strength it's the wetting of the fiber. Try and remove as much epoxy after its been wetted, that will help keep it light.

@ Ray you can you the spray adhesive just on the edges of the cloth, you won't need very much at all. Cooper is right about removing as much of the epoxy as possible.

@ Cooper thank you very much.
    HPR 115 - Lenher 2240/7, AS26- 150BL EVO ll esc's 92.3mph

any recommendations on flex drives? any drop in upgrades out there on the market?

any recommendations on flex drives? any drop in upgrades out there on the market?

I think Jeff Wholt makes drop in flex drives for the EKOS, you can msg him here on OSE. He also makes wire drives for the EKOS as well, which is what I upgraded to.

Are wire drives more durable than the stock flex cables? any advantages to a wire drive setup?

Yes they are way more durable then the stock flexs. And one advantage to them is, there is no left and right rotation to worry about.

do I have to worry about the wire drive compressing in length when under full throttle? I tend to space my drive dogs a couple mm away from the end of my strut from fear that they do shrink a bit from being twisted

No compression to worry about with wire drives, but leave about a 1mm gap none the less.

Hey I just realized your from ON. Have you had any experience ordering from kintec? There aren't any hobby shops near my area as I have to make at least an hour drive to visit one

Yes I've ordered from Jan @ Kintec and from Steven here @ OSE, without any problems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123