Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Livewire's EKOS Build

Oh one more thing, I've read every thread on this venom board front to back ten times over. And I've read every complaint, problem, and short coming, to bad Venom doesn't listen to their customers. I really think they've missed the boat on this one!!!

Looks good bro I hope she runs good for you the only problem is that your esc's are most likely aren't gonna be up to the 6s task. I would use the t-180's over the sf-200, and if you can spend even a little more get the etti 150 opto's. I have used all three of those esc and I punished the crap out of the ettis.

Our new products are Much stonger : )
    They're listening trust me..

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Our new products are Much stonger : )
    They're listening trust me..
    Thanks for the reply Bill. I've looked the specs over on this new boat, but I can't see any difference between it and my EKOS when it was stock. Is there something I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire121 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Bill. I've looked the specs over on this new boat, but I can't see any difference between it and my EKOS when it was stock. Is there something I missed?
    Its mainly our new boats that have been improved, but I do know that my newer Ekos has upgraded motors and bracketery..

What are the specs on the new motors? Aren't they 380 2700kv out runners, with the 380 clamp mounts?

Its mainly our new boats that have been improved, but I do know that my newer Ekos has upgraded motors and bracketery..
    Hey Bill,
    Here's an idea release a limited edition EKOS, one with parts Atomic already sells. Use the 2200kv out runners from the P1, the larger clamp motor mounts, and your 120amp esc's. I would bet that this boat config would have been less criticized and would be more competitive against other rtr's in it's price range ($600). But I do understand that at this price point, it would cut into the profit margins.
    Food for thought.

Richard

Well its been a while since my last post. But during that time I had some .078 wire drives with 3/16 stub shafts made and I drilled the stringers out to 3/16 aswell. I'm in the process of completing the wiring and hoping I can take her for a maiden run this weekend.
    Last edited by Livewire121; 04-17-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Hi Bill,
    I was looking forward to your reply regarding venoms new 32" cat?

Cool man, I want to see her run. Get some video.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Thanks joel, man I can't wait!!

You do great work, I'm impressed!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks Ray! I'll know how well the build went on sunday of there's no

I took her for a run yesterday and it went well. I have to make a couple adjustments to the stingers (trim up) to get the transom to stay planted, but in all I was very happy. Here's a couple short videos of her running on 6s. The first video is her running a set of 42mm props and the second video is her running 45mm props.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVILcr42xB8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtLTTGLfGc

Looking good man

Good Job Richard,
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Thanks Chris. Once I have her trimmed I'll really start to push her

Thanks Joel! The sad thing is my friend lost his Revolt 30 yesterday, she sank 30 feet from shore. Time to plan a salvage mission.

Here's another video running the Prop Shop 42mm 1.7 pitch props. She's had the trim done and she's running perfect!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AzW...ature=youtu.be

Any way I can achieve this speed with my kos without spending over 400 I currently have a seaking 180 and running 6s would like to keep them but I want the boat to be safe at the speed your running aka not burning anything up

Quote Originally Posted by T3tsaya View Post
    Any way I can achieve this speed with my kos without spending over 400 I currently have a seaking 180 and running 6s would like to keep them but I want the boat to be safe at the speed your running aka not burning anything up
    So you have two seaking 180's, but what motors are you using, and are you still running the stock flex drives?

I am running a single outrunner setup with a m545 and a seaking 180 with updated flex drive and I'm in the high 50s

I'm not familiar with the m545 outrunner, what's the kv rated at?

M545 is an octura prop and the outrunner is 1600 kv

Lol! Since your limited to 6s with that esc, you could try propping up to a X646 or a X648. But you're going to have to be careful, start with the X646, and check the temps after the first minute, then after two mins and so on to make sure everything is ok. If the temps are ok after that, then you could try going up to the 648, and then repeat the temp check again. The 646 will get you close to 60mph and the 648 will get you over 60mph. Maybe someone else can chime in on this, as I don't have a lot of experience running outrunners.

Richard

Well I think it already at 60 or super close but I want it to for sure be at or over 60 safely and what's the difference between like m546 and an x646

Any other motor would be okay for sure I don't mind buying a motor and prop but I want it to be over 60 for sure with a seaking 180 and 6s and be safe I'm still new to boats and I heard that a 648 would blow my motor up this outrunner at least

The 5 stands for 1.5 pitch 46mm (546) and the 6 stands for 1.6 pitch 46mm (646)

What brand of motor is it??

Quote Originally Posted by T3tsaya View Post
    Well I think it already at 60 or super close but I want it to for sure be at or over 60 safely and what's the difference between like m546 and an x646
    The only way to know how fast its going, is to put a GPS in it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast