Let me start this thread off by saying, I'm completely new to FE boating.I have over 25 years of rc experience. Over those years I've raced everything from 2wd/4wd buggies, touring car, 1/8 off-road, and 1/7 GT on-road. But I never had any interest in boats until this year, when my in-laws bought a 40'trailer. The park they have the trailer in doesn't allow any nitro powered vehicles, which just so happens to be all of my current vehicles....bummer! So I picked up a AQ Mini Mono, we'll call it my gateway boat. I was very pleased with It's performance, that I showed it to some of the guys I race with. And they ended up picking it up as well. But of course that can only lead to bigger things, and before I knew it, they were getting Spartans, Revolts, and Stilettos. So I decided to go with the EKOS, knowing as a rtr it had its short comings to say the least.

Just to be able to run with my friends, I knew I had to up grade the motors and esc's. So I got a pair of Leopard 2860 2190kv motors and a pair of Turnigy 120amp esc's. I was able to reach 60mph on 6s before the ice set in. So this is where I left the boat at the end of the season.
After reading as much as I could on this awesome forum, I took notes from experienced members threads such as, LarrysDrifter, DrWayne, Keith Bradley, Darin Jordan, Ray schrauwen, and others. To gut this thing and build it proper!