Thread: BlackJack 29 upgrade questions

Default BlackJack 29 upgrade questions

Hi

What do I gain if I change my blackjack 29 shaft?

Which is the best, offshoreelectrics or kentecracings shaft?

Is it also recommended to change the bushing and the collect coupler?

Regards Johan

I've found the ose cables rto be of the highest quality. You'll decrease drag of cable while increasing strength.
    The stock collet is fine IMO.
    white geico w/2200kv 3674 leopard 53.5mph 4s2p, geico w/ 1800kv outrunner 52mph on 4s2p, genesis w/2200kv castle 53.8 on 4s2p, impulse 31 w/2200kv castle, stock p1 and ul-1

I see MG owners upgrade the connectors to 5.5mm bullet. Is this also recommended for Blackjack 29?

I will only change the prop to m445 (balanced and sharpened) and use 2s gens ace 5000 mha 50c (direct connect).

Is the EC5 an alternative for the 5.5 bullets?

Regards Johan
    Last edited by jsturess; 01-21-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Hi

Can someone please tell me what is needed to be changed to make the boat compatible with 5S?

I have changed the connectors to 6mm XT150 Connectors.

Regards Johan

No one running the blackjack 29 on 5s or 6s?

are the two batteries in parallel or series? two 2s = 4s or two 2s = big 2s

im running 5.5 connectors and EC5s it smokes the compation all day. i have also blown 2 motors to find this out the 5.5 connectors are a must for 4s+
    Its not the boat its the driver http://namba2016fenats.com/
    Whiplash,Sprint Cat, Pursuit, 83' Miss Rock modern hydro JAE21, Dragon M11 Tunnel, Mickey Beez Jet, CF JAE21

I often run 6s with three 2s hardpacks in series. These have built-in banana sockets, so I eliminated the EC connectors, soldered up banana plugs at 90 degrees for proper clearance, and fabricated a pair of series jumpers to link the packs. No connector impedance issues here, except for the motor connections, which always tend to get hot on 6s.

For 5s, a pair of 5s packs in parallel will give the best weight balance, but many prefer to run a 2s and a 3s in series.

'89 Hydrostream Vegas XT w/ Mercury 2.4 Bridgeport EFI - 240hp - 95mph
    ProBoat Blackjack 29 - 58mph, Traxxas Villain, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Align T-Rex 450pro, Blade mSR, Blade mCPx, Dynam Cessna 182, Blitzworks F/A-18, UM P-51, UM SU-26XP

Will current not pool in a right angle just like water? In college (many moons ago) I was taught to avoid any right angles when building the high current portion of a power supply PCB.

Neat idea!
    Nortavlag Bulc

I have never heard of that phenomenon. Please cite a reliable source. I'd like to know more.

I am not getting ANY heat buildup at any of my primary power connections. I ran 58.1 mph GPS on a bone stock boat with sharpened and balanced stock prop in light chop on this configuration.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT w/ Mercury 2.4 Bridgeport EFI - 240hp - 95mph
    ProBoat Blackjack 29 - 58mph, Traxxas Villain, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Align T-Rex 450pro, Blade mSR, Blade mCPx, Dynam Cessna 182, Blitzworks F/A-18, UM P-51, UM SU-26XP

It was many moons ago as I said and it was elctronics shop in college. If it is working for you then ROCK ON!!!

Your results are proof you are doing things correctly.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Default Batt

The thought of running two different S-batteries in series did not seem right to me. After I thought about it, whats the difference if the voltage is two stacks one with two cells connected to three cells
    (series). Or all five cells in one pack. After all, they are hooked together in series in the pack. A brain is a terrible thing to waste.

Default Batt

The thought of running two different S-batteries in series did not seem right to me. After I thought about it, whats the difference if the voltage is two stacks one with two cells connected to three cells
    (series). Or all five cells in one pack. After all, they are hooked together in series in the pack. A brain is a terrible thing to waste.

I made a series to parallel bridge using EC3 connectors. At the time I was looking at the motor connectors thinking they must be the weak link. Now I'm not so sure. Also perhaps I should buy some wire as fine as the batteries leads. I planned to put a piece of fiberglass cloth under it the first time.

i run EC5s and 5.5 connectors the factory wires blow out the soder is crap you must move up to bigger connectors i have blown 2 motors with bad soder. after that it will rip
    Its not the boat its the driver http://namba2016fenats.com/
    Whiplash,Sprint Cat, Pursuit, 83' Miss Rock modern hydro JAE21, Dragon M11 Tunnel, Mickey Beez Jet, CF JAE21