Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That "Red forum"

Thanks Eddie for your thoughtful email......IMHO a simple dispatch describing the problem would have been better than banishment for no apparent good reason

Honestly...all my comments here to this point were tongue in cheek...some people take things too seriously.It was and never has been about "Us vs Them" as I don't know between the two to be honest.
    The reason I chose to just use my initials was twofold
    1) whodathunk it was a big deal
    2) I didn't want to share my full name and location to protect my privacy.
    Believe it or not there are sites that would give that up for cash and I'd be the one stuck with countless personalized "enlarge your member" spam emails.I'm large enough thank you and an extra 3" would just get tripped on \
    As far as using my info to "track me down" if a deal went bad ....nice assuming I'm a crook before you ever get to know me. I thought I was cynical .....

I posted here because once my IP was banned I could not get into contact with their admins any other way and I suspected someone would let them know what was up.After Eddies email and posting here on using my personal info at their discretion (quote: what if you guys bought something from ghost? god forbid the deal went sour and now your looking for him? where would ya start?////) I figure it's best not to enter that arena anyway except to surf the threads .I have a vendor rating on rcg and ebay and if I ever decided to sell anything here I'd be glad to PM them my ebay username and my rcg name is the same as on here.
    This should just about be wrapped up so....
    Don't panic and
    thanks for all the fish

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofpf1 View Post
    Thanks Eddie for your thoughtful email......IMHO a simple dispatch describing the problem would have been better than banishment for no apparent good reason

Honestly...all my comments here to this point were tongue in cheek...some people take things too seriously.It was and never has been about "Us vs Them" as I don't know between the two to be honest.
    The reason I chose to just use my initials was twofold
    1) whodathunk it was a big deal
    2) I didn't want to share my full name and location to protect my privacy.
    Believe it or not there are sites that would give that up for cash and I'd be the one stuck with countless personalized "enlarge your member" spam emails.I'm large enough thank you and an extra 3" would just get tripped on \
    As far as using my info to "track me down" if a deal went bad ....nice assuming I'm a crook before you ever get to know me. I thought I was cynical .....

I posted here because once my IP was banned I could not get into contact with their admins any other way and I suspected someone would let them know what was up.After Eddies email and posting here on using my personal info at their discretion (quote: what if you guys bought something from ghost? god forbid the deal went sour and now your looking for him? where would ya start?////) I figure it's best not to enter that arena anyway except to surf the threads .I have a vendor rating on rcg and ebay and if I ever decided to sell anything here I'd be glad to PM them my ebay username and my rcg name is the same as on here.
    This should just about be wrapped up so....
    Don't panic and
    thanks for all the fish

Ghost
    Actually Ghost, you must abide by the rules. If you do not, any forum has the right to exclude you.

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 06-18-2008 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Actually Ghost, you must abide by the rules. If you do not, any forum has the right to exclude you.

Douggie
    And I will if at all possible ...Steven has just sent me an email asking that I edit my profile so I'll check it out to see what was missed.
    I suppose this would all have been avoided if there was a note somewhere that says "full legal name required " ....what next ...my SS # and copy of my birth certificate ???

Like I said...I believe I'll pass on registering RRR forums for the time being since my experience is already tainted somewhat .....that and I can only take so much aussie humor

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofpf1 View Post
    I can only take so much aussie humor

Ghost
    Ghost there will be no more Aussie humor. From now on I am just going to be reading and using PM's. Do not get me wrong, it is not what you said. I know you said that tongue in cheek.
    Enjoy your boating man and nice meeting you.
    Several boats in various stages of destruction

Really its simple.

When someone asks me my name, I know what they mean. They dont mean initials or they would have asked for my initials.

Its all a matter of keeping the junk off the forum. If you can't understand that, I'm sorry. Time to move on from this subject. Its not helping any longer.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Eddie () , Steven thanks for pointing that out. I for one (and probably speak for many) appreciate all the help that these “free” forums have given me. All of the moderators on OSE & RRR (SJFE et. al.) deserve a big thank you as well.

I would not have gotten into this sport if it had not been for these forums. After perusing them for several months I finally signed up and eventually bought my first boat from a member (and that started a landslide of purchases by me!!!). I know that the forums are free, but that hasn’t stopped me from spending money!

Again, Thanks.

To the rest of you Aussie guy's - Thanks for the laugh. I think I wet myself.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Sorry Paddy, I was to late to save you from the dreaded bagpipe. I just hope he used the small one!!!! Just for the record I like both the OSE and RRR forums. Yes there are people who thought my map of Tassie was rude, but realy thats their total lack of a sense of humor nothing else. Of coarse being a internet forum most people do not know each other and things may seem what they are not, you know smoke and mirrors and all that crap. It does not take long to work out who are the honest, hardworking folk enjoying a great hobbie.. and well the others. All should be treated fairly. Now as for the Australian sense of humour, it is one of the most forthright and twisted there is along with the Canadian's Hey Douggie? Anyone that takes a fence at this should put it back straight away. For the record Mel Bloody Gibson is a yank because we do NOT want him, end of story

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12